Why is today so special to you
"German for you" even faster with Angular
Wednesday May 5, 2021
The free language learning community of the Goethe Institute "Deutsch für Dich" now runs entirely on Angular. After switching over to the mobile version last year, the desktop version was recently launched on Angular. More than 680,000 registered users benefit from noticeably faster speeds and lower data transfer.
Single page app for better performance
The improvements in "Deutsch für Dich" include a new, fresh design and even faster performance. This was achieved, among other things, through the technical switch to Angular and a single page app.
With a single page app, many elements, such as the controller logic, views, fonts and user interface elements, are preloaded once. After that, the app running in the browser only exchanges data in compact JSON format with the server-side API.
This significantly reduces the data transfer, which is particularly important for an app that is used internationally for learning German. Users with slow internet connections benefit significantly from the better performance. The diverse functions such as the learning area, the forum, the groups, the user directory and the newsfeed are now noticeably faster for users.
Users can now also receive current information on courses, exams and events at the Goethe-Institut via the newsfeed. At the same time, the user interface texts were changed to gender-neutral terms.
The mobile version and the desktop version of "Deutsch für Dich" now use a common code base for easier maintainability and easier expandability. Many services and components are now used jointly, which makes maintenance and further development faster and easier. The consistent separation of front-end (Angular) and back-end (API) also facilitates future developments.
About "German for you"
"Deutsch für Dich" is the free online community for German learners and German teachers worldwide. The offer of the Goethe-Institut, which started in 2013, currently includes more than 190 exercises for different learning levels and on different subject areas. In addition to forums and groups, the more than 680,000 registered users also have personal messages and chats at their disposal for the exchange with others.back
- What does breaking the internet mean
- 10 hour YouTube videos are still popular
- How is Salesforce used in transport companies
- Can Ativan be used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder
- A leaf lightning can actually cause an electric shock
- Want to die thanos
- How much does a Canadian goose weigh
- Can schools get children to respect parents?
- Laziness decrease stress
- How is Windows better than Ubuntu 1
- BMW produces its own engines
- Why is nobody better than you
- What is a critical thinking skill
- Have the prices in the housing market peaked
- How long does a refrigerator stay cold?
- What is the cruelest animal as a parent
- Why is my baby spitting out milk
- Why were the Victorians so class conscious
- How heterogeneous nucleation to melting occurs
- How much does Port Harcourt to Anambra cost
- Is building iOS and Android apps profitable
- What cultural problem does Amazon have internally?
- How much should be invested in sip
- How can you fix crossed eyes
- Are you a Russian bot 1
- Why shouldn't you boil honey
- Why do rappers say skrrrrrr
- What rhymes with scarlet
- Removes cannabis oil birthmarks
- Killing schools creativity
- Jack Dorsey is an effective CEO
- West Bengal has evolved under TMC
- If 23 8x 7 what is x