How long does strep last after antibiotics
Women, men and children of all ages can wear Group BStreptococci-Bacteria (GBS) without showing any symptoms. Group B streptococci occur primarily in the digestive tract, vagina, and urethra. This is the case in both developed and developing countries. About 1 in 2000 newborns will have GBS infections. Most of these can be recognized by respiratory diseases, general sepsis ("blood poisoning") or meningitis in the first week of life. The child is infected during the birth from the mother. If the mother is given an antibiotic directly into the vein during childbirth, the number of bacteria decreases rapidly. This could be useful, but all pregnant women would have to undergo routine screening. Guidelines for GBS screening during pregnancy and antibiotic treatment are already in place in many countries. Affected unborn babies are particularly at risk when it comes to a premature birth with a low birth weight, a long birth time, premature rupture of the bladder (more than 12 hours before birth), serious changes in the child's heart rate in the opening phase or gestational diabetes. Of all women giving birth with GBS, very few of the children born are infected. Antibiotics can have negative effects such as severe allergic reactions in the mother, an increase in treatment-resistant germs and the risk of infection in the newborn with resistant bacteria, as well as fungal infections in mother and child after birth.
The administration of antibiotics has not yet been supported by sufficient evidence. The review included four studies involving a total of 852 women with GBS. Three studies, all older than 20 years, compared the administration of ampicillin or penicillin with childbirth accompaniment without administration of medication. The result showed no significant differences in deaths in newborns, although the risk of early GBS infection in the newborn could be reduced with antibiotics. In a study with 352 GBS-infected women, no difference in the effect could be found between the antibiotics ampicillin and penicillin. Even if an effective vaccine were developed, not all birth-related GBS infections could be prevented.
- How do baking powder and corn starch differ?
- Will Afghanistan win against Pakistan
- Are social democrats too moderate compared to the moderate
- Can you bend chords on a violin
- Are OTF knives illegal
- How to learn the simpli AI program
- What is meant by brakes and brakes
- How do casinos prevent them from being scammed
- Life turns in no time
- Why is KYC required
- Why was BitConnect shut down
- Has the RE Classic 350 ABS
- Are ENTJs naturally extroverted or introverted
- What do you know about Amschel Rothschild
- What is serenity in football
- Why is Apple delaying OS XI
- When did Hip Hop start?
- Was Eve Adam's twin flame
- When do you call it love
- Will machines ever overtake humans?
- Who are the most beautiful Arab actresses
- How can you afford retirement health care
- How long did people eat each other?
- Narcissists like cats