What is a vector image
What is a vector graphic and why is it so important for printing?
How can I convert a pixel graphic into a vector graphic?
It's not that easy at all - more on that in a moment.
But before you think about a conversion, you'd better ask again whether a vector version isn't already there, e.g. B. your logo, exists. Most professional graphic designers first create logos as vector graphics and then convert them into pixel graphics if necessary. It's infinitely easier than the other way around. So contact your advertising agency, advertising department or graphic studio that designed your corporate design and always (also) request a vector file - ideally when placing the order.
If you still can't find vector graphics, there are two methods of converting pixels to vectors:
A convenient method would the tracing function in illustration programs such as Adobe Illustrator. The emphasis is on “would” - because the automatic system only works well in the rarest of cases. This procedure is only an emergency solution, especially when very exact geometric shapes have to be traced (horizontal and vertical lines, rectangles, circles, etc.).
That leaves the second - and only professional - method: The pixel graphics have to be redrawn manually (sometimes we also speak of “vectorizing”). This is a job for experienced graphics and prepress specialists. Depending on the complexity of a logo, this can take a few minutes or several hours. But even if it should be expensive - the effort is worth it - because once vectorized, the logo is then optimized for perfect reproduction with all printing processes.
What doesn't help at all: Open a TIF, JPG or PNG file in Photoshop, for example, and save it again as a PDF or EPS. Because the pixel files are only put into a kind of “digital envelope”. Inside, however, the pixels remain pixels - with all the disadvantages described above.
- What did Beyonce do to revolutionize music?
- What is the definition of comparative librarianship
- Why do weightlifters use chalk
- How do you make color thinner
- How do you eat feces
- Which app gives music texts besides Musixmatch
- OSHA really has power
- Why is simple English important
- What is the Hebrew word for ball
- In science what is an answering variable
- Metamorphic rocks may contain fossils
- Which hospitals accept cashless payments?
- Uses IOTA blockchain
- How much is the iolite violin worth
- How can you avoid complicating life?
- Why do people learn English
- Are there BYOB restaurants in Boston
- Which course is easy by 10 standards
- Should my first home be a maisonette
- When did the PCs first come out?
- What are your favorite neuroscience podcasts
- What makes money such a powerful idea
- Can I generate my own barcode?
- Why is pink considered a secondary color