What is Superman Liegestuetz
Step by step to the flying push-up
From FITBOOK | December 18, 2020, 11:34 a.m.
Squats, pushups, lunges ... done a thousand times? Then go a step further and try an exercise with your own body weight that requires significantly more strength and coordination: the impressive flying push-up. Personal trainer Erik Jäger introduces you step by step in the video above.
Flying push-ups (also known as Superman push-ups or fly-ups) not only require a lot of strength and coordination. They also ask you the exciting question: Do you DARE? In this video, personal trainer Erik Jäger shows you how to slowly work your way up to the king's version of the push-up!
Never miss any more FITBOOK topics - subscribe to our newsletter here!
What are the requirements for the Flying Push-up?
In order to be able to perform this particularly demanding bodyweight exercise, wrists, elbows and shoulders must be injury-free. You should also be able to perform normal push-ups easily and cleanly (learn the correct technique here). How many push-ups you can do is of secondary importance!
Mobilization and strength check
Mobilize wrists, elbows and shoulders with circular movements. Then warm up the rest of the body: e.g. by jumping rope, jogging on the spot or - if you are in the gym - rowing 500 meters at a brisk pace. Are you already warm? Then you're good to go. With these preliminary exercises:
- Push-ups on your knees: Place your chest on the floor and push up until your arms are fully extended. Your fingers are spread!
- Classic push-ups with straight legs, also place your chest on the floor. Watch out, it works with a deviation further: put your knees on your knees and push up from this position until your arms are straightened.
- Classic push-up (pusp-up)
Do you have enough strength? Then it can go on! In addition to the technique, the flying push-up depends on the explosiveness of the movement: i.e. the speed with which you can push yourself up from the ground in order to get into the air. These three exercises will help you:
- With your legs straight, go into the classic push-up position, lower your chest until it touches the floor. Now push yourself up hard until your arms are straight - and clap your hands. Keep your feet on the ground.
- Like doing the push-ups before - clapping your feet at the same time as you come up.
- As a third and final preliminary exercise, try to stretch both hands forward over your head while pushing up.
Also interesting: one-legged squats - a miracle weapon for the buttocks and thighs
Do you manage to land safely in push-ups after these three variants? Then you are ready for the toughest push-up there is!
The technique of the flying push-up
Get into the push-up position: legs straight, arms 90 degrees below your shoulders, chest touching the floor. Now tighten your stomach firmly and push it off the floor with full force. Important: the higher you fly, the more time you have to catch safely. Have fun practicing!
Also interesting: 5-minute intensive abdominal workout with Erik Jäger
About the person: Erik Jäger is a functional fitness trainer and has been a successful personal and athletic trainer for many years. On his Instagram channel, the “capital city coach” motivates people to take part in sports every day. His customers include numerous celebrities.
- Is the sun hotter than hell?
- How much does Jabba the Hutt weigh
- How to learn the simpli AI program
- Why was Person X banned from Quora
- How can emotions change memories
- How do I use liquid highlighter
- How do apps display ads
- Who used the first business card
- The siding increases the house value
- Why do weightlifters use chalk
- Why is space cold like liquid nitrogen
- What is the 1st change in India
- How is dietary cholesterol absorbed
- Archiving messages in WhatsApp saves space
- What is the story of this picture
- Replacement tablet batteries are stored charged
- What do we call Dishti in English
- What in God's name is Dagorhir
- Is Cognizant still about layoffs?
- Is almond good for skin lightening
- How should a web design be
- Are Malaysians not Chinese
- What is the rating of SpaceX
- What are the problems before GST
- What are the most mysterious real swords
- How do biology and anatomy differ
- What medicine would a doctor not take?
- How can I make an ethernet cable
- Is it a sin to be good sometimes?
- Which is really homemade or homemade
- Why is kata important in karate
- What you like best in the Culture Club of the 1980s
- What are the types of pain
- What technologies to learn for IT jobs