What are North Korea's missiles
First test since Biden took office : North Korea fires missiles - USA stay calm
North Korea undertook the first missile test since US President Joe Biden took office. The general staff of the South Korean armed forces announced on Wednesday that two short-range cruise missiles were probably fired during the weapons test on the west coast of North Korea.
Biden downplayed the test. When asked by journalists whether the test would be seen as a provocation, Biden, citing the US Department of Defense, said on Tuesday evening (local time) in Washington: "No ... everything as usual. There is no new problem with what they did. "
UN resolutions prohibit the self-declared nuclear power North Korea from testing ballistic missiles, which, depending on their design, can also carry nuclear warheads. However, tests of cruise missiles are not subject to sanctions against the country. Unlike ballistic missiles, cruise missiles have their own permanent drive.
How far the two guided missiles flew on Sunday was initially unclear. It was the country's first known missile test since April last year. The test appears to be part of the winter training of the North Korean armed forces, the South Korean news agency Yonhap quoted a military representative as saying.
[If you want the latest news from Berlin, Germany and the world live on your mobile phone, we recommend our app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
The test was carried out after joint military exercises by the armed forces of South Korea and the USA. The nine-day command exercise, which did not include field training, ended on Thursday last week. The influential sister of North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un, Kim Yo Jong, had condemned the military exercises and accused the new US administration of wanting to cause trouble as a first step.
During a visit to Seoul last week, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken called on China to increase its influence over the government in Pyongyang in the dispute over the North Korean nuclear weapons program.
The US government is working with South Korea and other allies to formulate a new North Korea policy. The full review of this policy, including options, is almost complete, said a senior government official. Washington has no “illusions about how difficult it will be” about the diplomatic efforts it has made with North Korea.
North Korea has been pushing its missile program for many years. The focus is on the development of ballistic missiles. In addition, the isolated country is developing other weapon systems, including guided weapons. The negotiations between Pyongyang and Washington on the North Korean nuclear program have not progressed for two years. (dpa)
- What is the timeline of life
- How do I get selected at the Olympics?
- What is the wave
- Where do Laeuse really come from
- Why are eye tracking glasses so expensive
- How good are LFD monitors
- How is a Bayesian classifier trained
- What is meant by GHz
- How does a company issue merchant accounts
- How do I leave my baby's father
- Can crypto currency become worthless
- Being happy means being gay
- What's the best Doors album 1
- What is Operation Kamala
- Which brokerage is best for option strategies
- How is Berkeley College a good school
- Why do you love the band Bastille
- 2020 is an El Nino year
- Why did Chevrolet engines fail in India
- Who were the first invaders in Egypt
- Why is Muhammad believed as a prophet
- What does Emerson Electric sell
- What do the Gothic believe in?
- What does the contraceptive Saheli do
- Can electrons diffuse in a vacuum
- The Scotiabank owns the Scotiabank Center
- Will jogging make my gastroptosis symptoms worse?
- Do you like the BTS World game
- How much plutonium is deadly
- PostgreSQL current connection number
- Gravity makes the earth spin
- Has anyone got a job through GeeksforGeeks
- Who said that life begins with birth?
- Vlogging is becoming as obsolete as blogging