Which European countries have the best coffee?
The top 10 coffee growing countries
Ethiopia is the country of origin of coffee. Over 15 million people work during the coffee harvest, which in Ethiopia lasts from October to December. Although Ethiopia is the fifth largest coffee exporter, Ethiopians consume more coffee than they export. This shows the important role coffee plays in their lives.
Brazil is the world's largest coffee exporter. There are approximately 300,000 coffee farms across the country, ranging in size from one to 25,000 hectares. The Brazilians consume half of their total coffee production themselves.
In Guatemala, around 270,000 hectares of land are used for growing coffee. For the most part, it is smallholders who grow coffee on one to two hectares of land. The microclimate in Guatemala differs from region to region, which means that the coffees also have many different flavors.
Coffee is harvested in Honduras from November to April. This comes mainly from the three largest coffee regions. The Copán region in the northwest, Montecillos in the southwest and Agalta in the center of the country. The balanced, fruity-chocolate taste is typical of coffee from Honduras.
In the past, Indian coffee developed a very peculiar, spicy taste due to the long-lasting monsoon rains, the warm wind and the week-long ship journeys. Today the conditions for coffee farmers are much better - the special taste of the coffee comes from the monsooned method. Here the half-processed coffee beans are stored a little longer than necessary in the monsoon rain.
Even if Indonesia is summarized as a coffee-growing area, there are some peculiarities in the individual regions. For example, the coffee in the Sumatra region is processed using the Giling Basah method, which is only practiced there, in which the coffee cherries are peeled while wet.
Almost only Arabica is grown in Colombia. A special feature of Colombian coffee is that it is harvested twice a year. The first harvest period lasts from March to June, the second from September to December. It is mostly small farmers who grow coffee in Colombia.
Arabica is mainly grown in Mexico. The harvest begins in November in the lower regions and ends in March in the higher regions. Low yields, poor infrastructure and little financial and technical support keep the Mexican coffee farmers in the way. Nonetheless, the country is the eighth largest coffee exporter.
Approximately 90% of Peruvian coffee comes from 120,000 small farms the size of two hectares. It is mainly grown Arabica, which is harvested from May to September. Most of the coffee is grown in the north of the country.
In Vietnam there is a government-limited area of approx. 630,000 hectares that is used for growing coffee. Cultivation is restricted because the country is repeatedly accused of price dumping. Mainly Robusta is grown here, which is exported and processed into instant products.
What is the difference between Arabica and Robusta beans?
The differences are explained in the video or for reading.
Learn more >
Coffee Circle Newsletter
You don't want to miss any promotions related to coffee and accessories? Register now!
The regular newsletter contains exciting knowledge about the world of coffee, information on new products and exclusive offers. The deregistration is possible at any time. privacy
- Which Reddit post has the most downvotes
- How do you control your blood pressure
- Is Sono Bello worth the cost
- What is the importance of arithmetic
- What are some examples of bars
- Should be able to choose artificial intelligence
- Can anger ever be a feminine trait?
- Why is triplet more stable than singlet carbene
- Did Albert Einstein believe in quantum physics
- Why do people learn English
- What is Trenton NJ known for
- What are some examples of seamless design
- Why are suburbs traditional and cities modern
- Why is wrestling not real
- How close are we to world peace
- Why are the Dutch good programmers?
- Who authorized to send our garbage to China?
- What are the components of drug therapy
- What do babies think
- What organization offers IBM certification in Mohali
- What does corn starch do with ice cream
- Which implants are the safest
- Where can I get UNIX
- How to make delicious hot dogs
- Military special forces conduct CrossFit
- How would space mining affect the earth's economy?
- Freezing your credit can damage your credit
- What is meant by brakes and brakes
- Why don't people love Hillary Clinton
- What is 20 10 5
- Makes HTC good long-lasting phones
- What is San Jose California famous for
- Which NFL Franchise is Most Hated
- What is the future of Poland