Why are children drawn to scary things?
Gender: The gender issue already plays a role in the nursery
Laura is invited to a princess birthday. And her mother is desperate. Does she really have to go out and buy her four-year-old daughter one of those Disney princess costumes that she actually finds very scary? After all, she can't forbid Laura to go to the children's birthday party or just send her off without a costume. And Laura's friends will all appear in matching pastel outfits with a crown ...
The gender researcher Stevie Schmiedel receives emails from insecure parents like Laura's mother almost every day. They reach a particularly large number during the Christmas season. Then parents are in bustling toy stores and don't know what to do next. Because one thing remains in the hustle and bustle: the clear dividing line between pink and blue, between girls 'and boys' corners.
Girls like to play with dolls, boys like anything that has wheels. This is the common prejudice, and research so far seemed to have at least partially confirmed it. Developmental psychologists know that biological factors play a role in children's stereotypical toy preferences. But parents and advertising also influence the gaming behavior of boys and girls, with a tendency towards the classic gender image.
According to the Federal Association of Toy Retailers, however, there have been an increasing number of girls who prefer to play with cars and boys who love dolls in recent years. And studies show: This is good for the children, it promotes their cognitive and emotional development.
Pink and blue price tags
When you enter a branch of the Toys “R” Us toy store, you come across two different worlds. In one, the one for girls, pink-colored price tags hang on the Playmobil figures that simulate a model casting, and next to it are pastel-colored miniature kitchens. In the boys' world you can find blue price tags on helicopters swooping over glowing lava. Only a few pink balls got lost here.
- Is SEO good for digital PR
- Does someone eat leather
- What is your opinion on TRT
- Is the FUE hair transplant permanent
- How can I fix old oily walnuts
- What is the color of gas
- What is a valuer in data modeling
- Is birch water good for you
- Is Cengage Physics good for IIT preparation
- Why is the American Red Cross homophobic
- How would you market a butcher shop
- How can I fix this error 1
- There are a lot of germs in Ubers
- What's your opinion on Lethwei
- Can non-metals react with metals?
- What color is copper sulfate
- LINQ is still used today
- I can just buy Microsoft Outlook
- Is Ally's online savings account safe?
- Can defeat Superman Thor in Marvel
- What would make you exercise regularly?
- What is a dear john letter 1
- Makes HTC good long-lasting phones
- What were Francisco Franco's political views?
- What are game theory and chaos theory
- Who are the best Pakistani porn stars
- How can you fax an email
- What are the limitations of IPv6
- What is the history of Tibetan Buddhism
- Is love worth the pain it causes
- What is something that does not cause death
- What does your Gujarati accent sound like
- What do American teachers wear in school?
- Why is most of Bangalore's food sweet?