What are the homologous organs in plants
Order in diversity
Caution trap: analogy and homology
A whale "fish" actually looks like a fish. But as a mammal it is of course much more closely related to us humans. The reason for the similarity between whale and fish is simple: adaptation to equal living conditions. These are called analogies (or convergences) in biology. The best example are cactus forms: You can find them in the deserts of America with the real cacti (they are related to the carnations), but also in the arid regions of Africa, e.g. with milkweed plants (euphorbias, which are related to the poinsettia). Since the classical system was strongly determined by morphological features, such environmental similarities of unrelated species have led to errors in the system.
Analogy: spherical succulents in milkweed plants (left) and oleander relatives (right)
The biologist and systematist is on the lookout for characteristics that are given on the basis of a common ancestry: the so-called homologies. A detailed analysis of the blueprint of a whale fish quickly shows that many of its structures (e.g. limbs converted into fins) correspond to the rest of the mammals, i.e. are homologous. These homologies indicate a relationship.
Homology: reshaping of leaves
More information about the system
- How many minerals do aquatic plants need
- What is Yonko in one piece
- Rusts brass Why or why not
- How do I advertise on OTT platforms
- Why is learning HTML5 necessary
- Should I register for CFA Level 1?
- What does Pluto Conjunct Midheaven indicate
- Why is cesium so reactive
- Can you differentiate between porosity and permeability
- What is the effect of the Nipah virus
- What are the best websites for presentation
- Is married to Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin
- Is it possible to produce oil artificially?
- Are there missiles that can control themselves?
- Have you ever seen anything scary
- How does the brain cell work
- What is the Cisco EAP FAST module
- Is cosmetic abortion ethical
- What is Harry Styles Confirmed Eye Color
- What is the present participle of throwing
- Why were the Victorians so class conscious
- How has science evolved through physics
- How to plant pepper kernels
- Get seasonal depression in winter
- Artificial turf is dangerous
- How does overtraining affect the body?
- What does social meaning
- How many centimeters are in 75 meters
- How can I buy Bitcoin from USD
- How much will be charged 20000 mAh
- Windows Explorer ONLY search for file contents
- What marine fish are safe to eat
- What do you think about piracy
- Megamind is worth seeing