Can you force an addict into rehab?
What to do if your child is addicted
Experience has shown that two basic requirements must be met so that there is a chance that the child will accept the help offered. Parents need a sound basic knowledge of the different types of drugs. Information material on the subject of addiction for different addressees is provided, for example, by the Deutsche Hauptstelle für Suchtfragen e. V. is available on their website.
In addition, a good and resilient relationship of trust should exist or be created between the parents and their child. That is not always easy! Occasionally, when your own child is stealing from you to get their drug needs, you will reach your limit. These and other situations can be dealt with in a self-help group, for example, where you have the opportunity to exchange personal experiences with those affected and their friends and relatives.
The “Addiction & Drugs Hotline” can be reached under the nationwide uniform telephone number 01805 313031. Experienced specialists in drug and addiction help offer anonymous advice, help and information over the phone 24 hours a day (14 cents per minute from landlines, max. 42 cents per minute on cell phones).
Offers of help
As long as you are in contact with your child, there are numerous ways to help. With all addictive diseases, however, it is primarily important that those affected want to stop themselves so that the disease can be treated successfully. So there is no point in forcing your child to go to drug counseling. The brochure "An offer to everyone who would like to help someone close to them" from the Deutsche Hauptstelle für Suchtfragen e. V.
The BZgA publishes a directory of local addiction counseling centers on its website at www.bzga.de/service/beratungsstellen/.
The aim of treatment is to help addicts lead a life without drug use. This usually takes place in three steps:
- Detox phase: Detoxify the body by withdrawing from the drug.
- Psychotherapy: Behavioral and talk therapy with the aim of overcoming psychological dependence.
- Traditional social work: It supports the reintegration into normal everyday life.
Unfortunately, therapies are no guarantee that those affected will no longer resort to drugs in the future. The relapse rates of addicts are - depending on the type of drug - unfortunately usually high. Long-term programs in the USA and Germany have shown that around 20 to 40% of addicts remain “clean”, estimated across the board.
- Why should I learn computer technology
- Which MC is better Coimbatore or Kilpauk
- What are sessile invertebrates
- Is pogo a good site
- Why does Trump wear suits
- Does PD Proxy really increase net speed
- How do I solve Outlook sync problems
- What is the name of a self-replicating program
- Can your crush become true love
- Can I withdraw Tier 1 NPS?
- How good are products from Khadi India
- What is a valuer in data modeling
- Why do lightbulbs flicker
- Every other engineering profession is now obsolete
- What politicians the US don't deserve
- What were the major achievements of Hammurabi
- Cats can sense beyond their five senses
- How do I use WhatsApp on PC
- Which direction does a magnet point
- Should I leave my friend friend
- Can be used in cooking biology
- Can crypto currency become worthless
- How is TISS balm for psychology
- What do you think of Yannis Stournaras
- What is 25 25 25 625 25
- How do I fix sproede cat's claws
- How do I deal with exaggerated people
- Ain't Manipal crazy about their fees
- Is an earthworm unicellular or multicellular
- How can we have undivided attention
- What missions used the Saturn V rocket
- What is sports education
- Why IIM over MICA
- Why is Halloween the best holiday 1