What causes temporary memory gaps
How to increase the performance of your laptop or PC
Why is my computer running so slowly?
Windows should actually boot up quickly and run programs quickly. But computers get slower and slower over time - there are several reasons for this:
The increasing number of installed programs increases the utilization of hard disk and main memory over time. Some programs are also set to run in the background every time you start your computer, so it takes longer to start up. On an older computer, the drivers may be out of date or the hardware may no longer keep up with newer, memory-intensive software. In some cases the hard drive is fragmented or there are too many files, slowly overloading the system. If your hard drive does not have enough space, programs will not run efficiently. Virus infection can also slow down your computer.
Below we will show you how you can increase the performance of your laptop. The steps involved are simple to take and do not pose a major risk. Just in case, you should back up your system before you begin. Make backups of all your data on an external hard drive or in cloud storage; or back up your system by creating a restore point in Windows. When doing backups, it is best to make sure that you can read the backed up files.
This is how malware can affect your computer's performance
Viruses, spyware, Trojans, adware and other malicious programs can significantly reduce the performance of your computer. These programs can run in the background and have a negative impact on system speed.
Malware can even install itself in different locations - making it difficult to remove without the right cybersecurity solution. And if it is not removed properly, programs will suffer from performance degradation or repeated crashes. After all, malware takes up a significant amount of memory and leaves limited resources for legitimate programs. Important programs run slowly and the performance of your laptop decreases overall.
Tips to prevent malware on your laptop
- You should use a good antivirus program, such as B. Kaspersky Anti-Virus to prevent infections of your laptop.
- Update your operating system regularly.
- Avoid visiting questionable websites and untrustworthy downloads.
- Pay attention to e-mail security: do not open any messages from unknown or questionable senders and immediately delete e-mails that you suspect are spam or phishing.
More ways to increase the performance of your laptop
Increase the boat speed
First of all, we need to find out what the problems are. To do this, load the event viewer to see which programs are loaded at startup and how long they take for this. Event Viewer is an integral part of Windows software. You can call it up via the "Run" menu (Windows key + R). Enter eventvwr.msc in the dialog box and click OK.
Look for event 100. This will tell you the boot speed in seconds. Then look for Event IDs from 101. This is where you can see which programs are slowing down your computer.
At least some of these programs are probably not needed when the computer starts up. For example, the following software does not need to be loaded at boot - you can just run it when you need it:
- Google Drive (does not apply if you use it to perform automatic backups)
- Adobe Reader
- Spotify Web Helper
- NVIDIA driver
If you see other problem programs, please go to Google to find out if these are essential Windows software or if you can safely remove it.
After you have identified the programs, return to the Run menu and type "msconfig" in the dialog box to go to the System Configuration Tool. Here, look for the Home tab. Deactivate all elements here that should not be executed at startup. However, you need to be careful: do not remove programs that the computer needs to function. If you are not sure about a point, it is better to leave it activated and always make a backup on an external hard drive.
After deactivating the programs, restart the computer and compare the values in the Event Viewer with the time it took for the last restart. The system should start up noticeably faster this time. And by removing these programs, you also increase the operating speed because fewer programs are running on the device.
Clean up your laptop
Now that the PC starts up faster, let's get to the speed of your laptop by focusing on operating performance.
To do this, first remove programs that you do not need.
- Who will win the Walmart Amazon Race
- What is the Hunger Games
- Are questions repeated in GATE Electronics Engineering
- What is a medical dictionary
- How can I play the FIFA World Cup
- The sun can magnetically attract energy
- What is living
- What snakes are native to Texas
- What difficulties did you have while fasting?
- Have you ever eaten rhubarb
- When did you stop eating meat?
- What does C inherit from Pascal
- Whose periodic table is used today
- I usually forget what I just did
- Will Afghanistan win against Pakistan
- Is nature and God the same
- Beruit is the capital of the country
- What is gravitational binding energy
- What are some bootstrapping startups in Israel
- What's your Affordable Care Act story
- Can religion really achieve anything?
- How can I create instant messaging apps
- Is Tollywood underestimated or hyped?
- How do hedge funds obtain seed capital