What was the first true city
Who invented the currywurst?
Both Berlin and Hamburg claim to have invented the currywurst. However, only Herta Heuwer from Berlin, who is said to have invented the currywurst in 1949, has applied for a patent. Allegedly one day she got so bored in her snack bar on Stuttgarter Platz that she started to create a sauce with tomato paste and spices. She cut a boiled sausage into pieces and garnished them with her tomato sauce, which she patented ten years later under the name “Chillup”. However, she is said to have taken the recipe with her to the grave. In Berlin there is also the German Currywurst Museum, which provides information about history, legends and interesting facts about the popular snack.
The novella by Uwe Timm "The discovery of the currywurst" speaks for the Hamburg version. In it, he tells the story of the fictional protagonist Lena Brücker, who, after the Second World War and a tragic love for a deserter, went into business for herself with a snack bar - and finally prepared the first currywurst. In any case, the author claims to have eaten a currywurst at a woman's snack stand in Hamburg's Großneumarkt as early as 1947.
Whether from Hamburg, Berlin, the Ruhr area or another part of Germany - the sausage with the spicy sauce is an indispensable part of the canteens and snack bars in the Federal Republic of Germany. There are a wide variety of preparation options. Some use a sausage with, some without, and others prefer a sausage. Cured or smoked sausages are also popular with the snack. What they have in common is that it is usually served sliced.
The real secret of the different curry sausages, however, lies in the sauce, for which probably every manufacturer has its own, highly confidential recipe. Tomato ketchup or tomato paste and curry powder are usually used as the basis. For people who like to eat spicy, there are sauces with a lot of chili powder or cayenne pepper, but milder variants are also possible.
As an integral part of German cuisine, the currywurst has long been a cult - no matter which city invented it first. Traditionally, at the end of almost every “Tatort” episode in Cologne, a memorial is placed on her when the two inspectors meet at their favorite snack bar with a view of Cologne Cathedral.
- How can we feel biologically happy
- Why don't introverts like socialism?
- What is SVM in ML
- What number is 1849 divisible by?
- What is the present participle of throwing
- How is Wilhelm III. Died
- How to make KETO bread
- How does language affect psychology
- Always substitutes a person for a person
- Could Germany win a third world war?
- Which place is better Andheri or Thane
- Why should I be torn apart
- How do Firebase and Pyrebase work
- How could hospitals be made more efficient?
- What is the shortest known comet
- What makes a morning heart attack fatal
- How do I advertise on OTT platforms
- What happened to the Quora API
- Can be used in cooking biology
- Is the NEM crypto currency very promising
- CRM for beta registration and invites management
- What is the best strategy for corporate communications
- Why is Chennai small on a map
- Life turns in no time