How can I ignore my laziness
Procrastination: Laziness? Illness? Or legitimate way of working? (Part One)
The deadline stands and is getting closer and closer. The date has been fixed for weeks or even months and was easy to ignore at the beginning, but the remaining time is gradually becoming less and less. But only when a certain one critical stress level is reached, finally get to work and then pull in several “Around the clock” shifts through what would have been enough time for - if only you had started on time. Does this scenario sound uncomfortably familiar to you?
Then there are usually more massive guilt and the probing question of why it has now - again - been allowed to get this far. Because if you are too Procrastination, in technical jargon procrastination called, tend, then you will encounter this problem before almost every submission date and every deadline.
Even if you may feel very miserable and alone in such situations: You are not! It is estimated that around one in five people experience habitual procrastination. And supposedly there even is famous and successful "role models"who also struggled with this problem.
Sometimes your best work is inspired at the last moment ... #procrastination is not always a bad thing .... pic.twitter.com/Pf0gllKjsZ
- Dr. Ginger (@TheDrGinger) September 11, 2014
The two types of procrastinators
- The Adrenaline junkie: He enjoys the thrill of working under stress and “just getting ready”. Standard statement: "I just need the pressure to be creative."
- The Avoiders: He is driven by an immense fear of failure and therefore avoids his tasks.
Usually one makes the first acquaintance with the tendency to procrastinate in the Education. While you were still involved in short deadlines when you were at school, as a student you can for the first time divide your time relatively freely. In professional life, this problem is usually resolved by being an employee. If you work as a Self-employedfrom home, for example, procrastination can become a real problem.
Of course, procrastination doesn't have to be stressful. The adrenaline junkie in particular can often cope with this way of doing his job. But for most of those affected, procrastination is a permanent stress factor that you could - actually - avoid Quality of life diminishes and in some cases even endanger their health.
Procrastination - isn't that just laziness?
Even if it often looks like this to outsiders and your own guilty conscience also often calls it that: Procrastination is not to be equated with sheer laziness.
Simply being lazy can be enjoyed. You're not doing anything, lounging on the couch, in front of the TV or PC and feeling good. Maybe even can regenerate and gather strength for the next activities.
Prosecutors, on the other hand, are on the run - and that's how they usually feel: stressed and rushed. It's even scientifically proven that procrastinating can actually make you sick. In the worst cases, a concomitant develops depression and the vicious circle keeps getting worse. At this point at the latest, professional help is required!
Another major difference: if you are just lazy, you do - exactly: nothing! Some procrastinators do a lot - just not what they should be doing. The kitchen is tidied up, the hall closet is cleared out, the bathroom is cleaned, it's amazing what things you can suddenly get up to when you're on the run from the one thing you don't want to do.
Or you spend your Time on the internet and actually want to start right away. Before that, all you have to do is check your e-mails quickly and look them up on Facebook, etc. To make matters worse, there are a huge number of pages on the Internet that you can use to make your own Kill time can, absolutely without doing anything.
Would you like some examples? But of course, we'll get to that in the third part of this series. So that the problem does not worsen, we first consider a selection of the most promising in the second part Possible solutions.
- Scared is a noun
- What is Queensland's biggest attraction
- How do glazed tiles differ from marble
- Which is the best headphone among 350rs
- Which was Nokia's first cell phone
- How did you outperform your business competition
- Is the Final Destination movie real?
- What are werewolves
- How does it feel to be alienated
- 9 4x 15 is a linear equation
- What can programmers learn from designers
- Is David Bowie with Jesus
- What is augmented reality
- Is an IAS officer overwhelmed
- How do I draw a map
- How do I use WhatsApp on PC
- Who is the most respected Indian of all time
- What is Spark Databricks
- What is a neutralizing powder
- Who was America's first notoriety
- All common instruments use chords
- Is the earth round or not
- Which films show characters realistically
- How to cook Johnsonville Brats