Can someone identify this spider 2
Poisonous spiders: what helps against bites?
More and more poisonous spiders are settling in Germany - in addition to the domestic garden spider, for example, the thorn-finger spider, the house corner spider, the curled-up spider and the European black widow. In the past, these species were only known from southern countries. Due to climate change, they have found a new home in this country. As a rule, spider bites are mild, but occasionally there are allergic reactions, wound infections or muscle cramps.
When do spiders bite
There are various reasons why spiders bite: they get lost in the house, get on the body while gardening, or their nest is destroyed. As long as they aren't cornered or have to defend their nest, spiders avoid humans. They are not aggressive. So there is very seldom a close encounter.
That's how dangerous spider bites are
Two puncture points that can only be seen with a magnifying glass are typical of a spider bite. The spider's bite tools dig their way through the skin and, depending on the type of spider, release a more or less powerful poison. Similar to a bee or wasp sting, the poison can cause allergic reactions. If the wound is scratched open, bacteria can cause a dangerous wound infection that sometimes even requires surgery.
These poison spiders live in Germany
- A native poison spider is that Garden spider. With its weak venom and short claws, it is usually harmless to humans.
- The thorn finger spider, also called Nurse Dornfinger called, has claws that effortlessly penetrate human skin. The nests of the thorn finger spider are as big as a pigeon's egg, consist of fine threads and hang between blades of grass or in the bushes. The female lays her eggs in the nest at the end of July to the beginning of August and guards it until the young spiders hatch at the end of September.
- The Black widow spins irregular webs close to the ground and lurks for prey hidden under a stone. If a prey gets caught in the net, it is killed with one bite. The danger of the neurotoxin for humans is controversial. About 20 minutes to two hours after the bite, you may experience cramping abdominal pain, headache, high blood pressure and persistent muscle cramps.
- The House angle spider and the Curled Spider hunt in buildings at night and were first spotted in Germany in 2005.
- In the meantime, she also appears European black widow occasionally in Germany. It belongs to the spider family and can be recognized by 13 brightly bordered red spots on the abdomen.
Heat helps against spider bites
Should a spider bite, experts recommend using a mosquito pen (around 10 euros in the pharmacy). The device has a hot metal plate at its tip that is pressed directly onto the bite wound and heats the tissue just enough to destroy the poisonous proteins and render them harmless. This works just as well with spider venom as it does with mosquito, wasp or horsefly bites. You should definitely see a doctor after a spider bite. Important: Do not scratch spider bites so that dangerous bacteria do not get into the wound.
Experts on the subject
Dr. Viktor Alexander Czaika, dermatologist and internist
Senior Consultant at the Clinic for Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology
Charité - University Medicine Berlin
Benjamin Franklin campus
Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin
Dr. Lars Friman, spider expert
NABU - Naturschutzbund Deutschland e.V.
Charitéstraße 3, 10117 Berlin
This topic in the program:
Visit | 06/26/2018 | 8:15 pm
- What's the new sexy
- Who is Thomas the Apostle
- What is PPDT
- What is the future of wealth
- Where does the sound stop
- Facebook calls are encrypted
- How many centimeters are in 75 meters
- What is the heaviest bridge
- Could your startup benefit from partnerships?
- Why is oxygen active air
- Winston Churchill was a terrible person
- How many ounces are 89 kilograms
- How important is chemistry to neuroscience
- What does the Latin word Burris mean
- Which is the best branded marine speaker
- What do dresses from Madagascar look like
- What is 10x10 100 10x0 1
- Who was St. Patrick historically
- Indians eat shit in their meals
- What is Christian Bale famous for?
- Which is the most understood animal
- Will Artificial Intelligence Do Jobs 1
- GWS Daily Deals is a fake website
- Is distilling alcohol legal in the UK?