What is a blood pressure monitor
Upper arm or wrist?
Which measurement should I prefer? Should I take the blood pressure on my upper arm or wrist?
Tests show that wrist blood pressure monitors measure just as reliably as upper arm devices.
However, with age, the blood vessels can narrow due to deposits or harden due to arteriosclerosis. This particularly affects the wrist arteries, which are further from the heart, making it difficult to measure accurately. Older people and smokers should therefore take a measurement on the upper arm.
Wrist devices are unsuitable for people with diabetes because the arteries may be calcified or porous.
Why are there measurement differences between measurements on the upper arm and wrist?
The Wrist measurement must be done so that the wrist is at the level of the heart. If, for example, the arm is placed flat on the table in a sitting position, the Blood pressure overestimated by approx. 7-8 mmHg because there is a difference to the heart height (1.5 cm corresponds to 1 mmHg).
Flawed Measurement results When measuring the wrist, this also occurs when there is cardiac arrhythmia and changes in the arteries in the wrist (e.g. age-related). Wrist devices can therefore determine inaccurate results, particularly in the case of older people. The arteries on the upper arm are not as sensitive to such influences. Therefore, occasional comparative measurements on the upper arm are recommended.
- What are the hardest plants
- How does Quora affect the stack overflow
- How does DNA polymerase work
- Monika deserves forgiveness for her actions
- Reinstalling Tinder will remove matches
- What is Split pnr in Indigo Airlines
- Why does the INSAS suck so much
- Why is 33 a master number?
- Facebook is actively developing for wearables
- Are artificial sweeteners safe while breastfeeding?
- Who came first man woman or transgender
- A big, wide nose is ugly
- Turkey makes its own tank
- Why does everyone buy Ayurvedic products
- Are ULIP plans good
- Why does classical mechanics fail
- How does oxygen get into the brain
- Which Pioneer mixer is the best
- How do I make money with rummy
- Is there an automatic subtitle creator
- Can alcohol dehydrate you
- How conservative is North Carolina
- Is it safe to wear a tie
- Is lukewarm water good during a workout?
- Is 158cm 52 tall for a girl
- What does render farm
- Are there laws in business
- North Korea has a space agency
- All intelligent persons are wise
- When will ISRO be discontinued in 2019?
- Life is difficult for musicians
- How are ethers and thoughts connected?
- Why are keywords in pseudocode development
- When does SEO take effect?