Place names are protected by copyright
Place names protected by trademark law?
Dear people seeking advice, dear people seeking advice,
Place names to denote the origin of a product are not protected by trademark law. However, this does not apply in the present case. You must note that you do not want to identify the origin of your product. Rather, you want to take advantage of the popularity of the name "St. Andrews".
In this respect, however, there should actually be trademark protection. "St. Andrews" is a trademark that is actually registered for the golf course. However, this does not necessarily mean that you are not allowed to bring your product onto the market with the name "St. Andrews Edition". However, you must expect problems. If you want to get around this, either come up with a different name or you would have to carry out specific research to find out whether your specific product also falls under the existing trademark protection of "St. Andrews".
However, this question cannot be answered without a closer examination. It depends on the classes in which the "St. Andrews" trademark is already protected. It also depends on the specific distinguishability of your product from the products of "St. Andrews Links". Therefore, you would have to classify your product more precisely during the test.
Overall, however, it has to be said that the likelihood that St. Andrews trademark protection will extend to all golf products. However, only such research can provide security.
I hope to have helped you first. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
With best regards,
- College students should have more free time
- What are intrusive memories
- How old is Niall Horan
- What is CaaS in cloud computing
- Do you feel bad for Michael Cohen
- Computers use quantum mechanics to work
- What is a Treadstone Agent
- Why SEO from Digital Agency News
- Give cats hugs
- Can cars reach their top speed?
- What is the LDS lifestyle like
- What is synchronous speed
- What is the value of tan1
- What is the importance of understanding electrochemistry
- What are the main developments of Chhattisgarh
- How do women pass a drug test
- A union can refuse to represent you
- How do you remove Formica worktops?
- How should I do an internship?
- Do we really need sugar in life
- Which accommodation companies tend to be successful
- Will I get bored someday?
- Is Saudi Arabia an ethnostat
- Is dust in my house unhealthy