Cytosine is a pyrimidine
|Pyrimidine & Purine Bases|
Pyrimidine and Purine form the basic bodies of the organic bases that occur in nucleic acids (DNA and RNA).
Hydroxyl and / or amino groups are bonded to the heteroaromatic rings. Tautomers can occur here.
The bases are derived from the pyrimidine Cytosine, Thymine and Uracil where thymine only occurs in DNA, uracil only in RNA. All three bases can exist in two different tautomeric forms. The hydroxyl group donates a proton to a nitrogen atom in the ring. The double bond is rearranged, resulting in a carbonyl group. The system thus corresponds to a cyclic acid amide.
Adenine and Guanine have a purine system. Adenine only has one amino group attached, there are no tautomers. Guanine has one amino and one hydroxyl group attached to the six-membered ring of the purine. A tautomer occurs here, which also corresponds to a cyclic acid amide.
The keto forms are each the more stable tautomer; the bases are therefore predominantly in the keto form. The formation of hydrogen bonds in the nucleic acids is also only possible with this form.
- What is 10 seconds times 10 seconds
- How is Jeff Bezos as a leader
- Is there a 2-legged horse
- How does deforestation affect sustainability?
- Where do Chinese tourists go
- How can I fix old oily walnuts
- Why should we make India corruption free?
- What is the truthful meaning of a happy life
- What are light water reactors
- What are covalent halides
- Can you learn to sleep less
- Should Pakistani artists be banned from India
- Why do people get depressed during school?
- How good is the Amazon Fire Stick
- What Harms Credit Score Score
- What is the difference between consumer and enterprise mobile applications
- What is HDFS architecture
- How is the literacy rate calculated
- I think the right thing
- What if the television weren't regulated?
- How do USB and hard drives work
- How do I overcome medical pain phobia
- 512GB is too much for phone memory
- Who has a stable SMS route
- How can i do 10 crores
- What types of industrial relays are there
- Which foreign languages do Croatians speak the most?
- Which college offers aeronautical engineering
- When was the last time you went shopping?
- What makes a city urban
- What is a partnership test 1
- What is Chargaff's rule
- How did the Indonesian National Revolution end