How did you get into copywriting?
Copywriting - write effective advertising
Good copywriters follow simple rules. You write active instead of passive and prefer Verbs instead of nouns. Verbs appear active and lively, while nouns are static. Standstill robs every text of the dynamic. Also, professional copywriters choose short sentences and avoid unnecessary adjectives.
A negative example: "All products are subjected to a comprehensive test."
Better: "We check every product from A to Z."
The positive example is shorter, actively formulated, uses a verb instead of a noun and does not include any adjective. And: It's short and sweet. Everyone understands. A good copywriter also avoids modal verbs such as can, must or should. Anyone who writes actively speaks to the reader directly and without further ado.
Also Modals and subjunctive verbs are poison for a good, effective advertising copy. They sound insecure and leave a lot open. Instead of “You can benefit from it”, write “You benefit from it” in a nutshell. Point. The message has arrived.
7 tips for a good copywriter
Writing good copywriting is an art. Talent is a good requirement to become a good copywriter. But there are also solid tips that will help you write good advertising copy. Copywriting is also a craft that can be learned. Here are seven tips from a good copywriter's toolbox:
You instead of me
Examine your text Personal pronouns like me or us. Replace this if it works. Because the customer is the focus of an advertising text. It's about him, not you.
Not: "We offer you everything you need for your hobby."
Rather: "Everything you need for your hobby."
She or you? The trend is more and more towards you, but when in doubt, especially with serious texts with high demands, you choose the more polite form. The main thing is that the reader is addressed. Lower case is recommended for Duzen. The capitalization of "you" is allowed in letters and letter-like texts according to the Duden rules, but it now seems a bit antiquated.
Avoid foreign words and long words
Avoid foreign words so that the target group understands you. An exception applies, of course, if you are sure that a certain foreign word is in use in your target group. Words that are too long are also harmful to text. If you can't work around them, use dashes for readability.
Ask rhetorical questions - and answer them
Are a popular stylistic device Questions that will be answered in the next sentence: "You have a problem? We have the solution." The reader feels addressed. The answer will be presented to him immediately. That works.
No empty phrases!
Dry theory tires the reader. Avoid empty phrases like "Welcome" or "With us, the customer is king". Empty phrases are empty phrasesthat don't advance the message. Same goes for stale language imagesthat have lost all originality. Use your own images, which will be remembered by the customer due to their uniqueness.
Write concrete instead of abstract
Always write specifically so that images emerge in the mind of the reader. Are particularly suitable for this Examples from lifethat as possible in the form of a story be told. Most readers do not feel addressed with abstract formulations.
Look up in the dictionary
Stick to the valid spelling rules. Nothing is more embarrassing than a text that is associated with a certain claim but contains errors. The automatic Spelling check however, your writing program does not see everything. Therefore, it is best to have your texts proofread. Four eyes always see more than two.
Always stay positive
Negations mostly miss their target. They remain emotionally attached - the customer associates the brand with a negative touch. So don't tell the reader what disadvantages your product doesn't have. Due to the wording alone, this can have a demotivating effect, arouse negative associations or reveal weaknesses.
What to do with writer's block
- How do boys look good for a prom
- Are there Christian Egyptians
- What are chicken breast chops
- How do you get funding for inventions
- What is the init 0 command Linux
- How do heuristics work
- What games do volcano use
- Distance learning is possible at Loyola College
- You should respect a disrespectful person
- How do you clean your dirty tub
- Is the TV dead
- What Harms Credit Score Score
- Why did CBS renew Colbert's contract
- Do actors make good directors and why
- What do liberals think of Angela Merkel
- What is the best online notebook application
- Is it cheaper to vape or smoke
- What is the best source for umami
- What is meant by asset life
- How does Iron Man instruct his suit
- What is the purpose of a refrigerator compressor
- How do you regulate your mood
- Is Donald Trump a partner of ISIS
- What are some quotes about disloyal friends
- Why are there so many vaccines these days
- What are rough spots on my skin
- Look for ecommerce product photography
- Who is the first Indian team captain
- What observable emotion does health show
- Who is the Greatest British Statesman
- What is the smartest arthropod
- When is an imaginary number real
- What are cannabidiol products
- Is the TV dead