How do you explain a theory
A theory is a collection of general statements. Together, the general statements form a framework of thoughts that fit together. The theory is supposed to help explain something or predict something.
The term “theory” is mainly used in science. One example is the question of how the various animals and humans came into being. The theory from the Bible says that God created living things. Various scientists developed the theory of evolution from bone finds and other observations. A forecast can hardly be derived from this. At most one can say that living beings change only very slowly.
The theory about the weather is needed for the forecasts. Scientists have been measuring wind strengths, temperatures and other things for decades. They found connections in how this all interlocks. This is how their theory came about. This allows you to predict what the weather will be like in the next few days.
Another theory concerns gravity. It has long been possible to measure how quickly an object falls to earth. This could be used, for example, to calculate what gravity causes between certain planets. From this one can make a statement as to whether an approaching meteorite hits the earth or not.
One could also make this theory: “All swans are white”. This is a general statement about swans, not just about a single swan you see. Perhaps such a statement can be refuted: If you discover a black swan, the general statement can no longer be correct, because it should apply to all swans. Thus, this theory has been proven wrong.
There are also other search results for “Theory” from Blind Cow and Ask Finn.
- What is a Director-Designate
- What is the mouse
- How do sociopaths deal with sex
- What you like best in the Culture Club of the 1980s
- Can Islam be doctrinally moderate
- Why shouldn't a second chance be given?
- Will Jeb Bush be the next president?
- Is salmon prey or a predator
- Which jobs are innovation and automation safe?
- What colors go with the brown
- What does the non-destructive test cost
- How does trauma affect neuroplasticity?
- Everyone agrees
- Why do pigs eat garbage
- Where will EV batteries end up
- What are molecular USB sticks
- What is the National Passport of Pakistan
- What is the world tree in mythology
- Why is India weak from Canada
- How is your organic chemistry so strong
- Why should I learn computer technology
- How can I sell my DCorp tokens
- What is the importance of arithmetic
- Are Bangladesh's secular foundations at risk?