How do I set up retargeting
Dynamic remarketing - how to use the powerful marketing tool
Are you already using the remarketing functions?
If not, you should do it immediately and set it up. The necessary remarketing code is created in a few minutes and implemented in your website.
In principle, you've already done it by integrating the global tag (GTAG) - that's the prerequisite for conversion tracking, for example.
Dynamic remarketing - what is the difference to classic remarketing?
In normal remarketing ads, you speak to users who have been to (d) a website at least once, based on their surfing behavior again.
That can in the simplest case all visitors be your website.
Often these users are then shown general advertising banners advertising your brand / website.
However, it is more efficient if you create user-defined combinations. For example, you can define all visitors who were in your shopping cart but did not complete a conversion.
These Order abandonment you can convince in retrospect comparably easily (according to both statistics and numerous campaign experiences) to take the last step and order from you.
For example, show him again the trust seal that your shop can show, remind him of your brand or offer him a one-time discount at.
With the function dynamic remarketing you can go a step further. You show the user directly the products he's looked at, again.
How do I set up dynamic remarketing?
There are several ways to do this.
The simplest is currently via automation via the Smart display or smart shopping campaigns.
You don't really need to do much here, except to integrate the GTAG and have enough data on users and clicks in the account.
Just see if you can select this when creating a campaign of the "Display" type. However, this type of campaign is also a kind of black box - you cannot control or evaluate anything else.
If you want more control, then the product assignment is quite easy Google shopping.
As soon as you get a Google Merchant CenterYou can just do that dynamic remarketing activate the remarketing code accordingly (see below, 3 more lines) and Google automatically pulls the data (product images, titles, prices, etc.) from your shopping feed.
Sometimes the way to shopping is blocked. Ultimately, it is only reserved for retailers and is limited to 150,000 items in the standard settings.
But there is another possibility how you can use this and thus "only" the normal CPC prices arise for you.
That goes over custom feeds for example the area Business data.
Customize code for dynamic remarketing (Google Shopping)
In addition to the standard code that your Google Ads code gives you, there are three new lines. These look like this:
The fields mean the following or have the following values:
- ecomm_prodid = the ID of the respective product from the shopping feed
- ecomm_pagetype = a value like "home", "category", "product", "cart", "purchase"
- ecomm_totalvalue = the current value (price) of the product or the respective page
- the prefix "dynx" has the same meaning, but then refers to the business data ("ecomm" = Google Shopping Feed)
On the pages to which you cannot or do not want to assign any data, you leave them blank.
You can find out whether this is working correctly a few hours or days later via the Target group management, Audience Sources and view the details of the Google Ads tag:
You can find more information here and here.
Set up custom feeds (business data)
If you don't have a shopping feed, you can still use the Business data- as described above.
There you will find the area where you can create feeds.
- Step 1: You create a feed that represents an export of your current database. You should set up this so that it is a one-time process and it is exported automatically (or at the push of a button) every day and, ideally, is regularly updated by Google (menu item Scheduled uploads).
You can find the specifications here https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6053288 (section "Get feed templates and specifications for your company type"> "Custom")
A maximum of 400,000 articles can currently be uploaded - that should be enough, right? 😉
- Step 2: You need to have the Google Ads remarketing pixel (GTAG) integrated centrally on every page (similar to the Analytics code) and add three user-defined parameters (the first is mandatory, the other two recommended). In the case of custom feeds, the parameters are called differently than in the case of the link to Google Shopping!
- dynx_itemid = ID of the article according to the feed
- dynx_pagetype = "home", "category", "product", "cart", "purchase"
- dynx_totalvalue = price of the article, for example "199.00"
- Step 3: You put a new one Display Network Campaign and activate the "Dynamic ad settings”.
In the case of products, the company type is retail and then you can use the Feed from the Merchant Center or yours custom feed choose
- Step 4: Create a new dynamic ad
In the tab Show change, use the Add button to create a new one Responsive ad choose
In the window that opens, you should see the note for Dynamic Ads at the bottom.
When configuring the ads, you can choose from templates, add your company logo and change colors if you wish.
It then takes a few hours or days for Google to activate all of the ads. From this moment on, your previous website visitors will be shown the products they have viewed in the ads.
Of course, you should also have settings for the Frequency capping to avoid unnecessarily “bombarding” the user with advertising.
Conclusion on dynamic remarketing
Regardless of whether you do that dynamic remarketing about your shopping products or custom feeds (business data)It is usually a very promising type of marketing with a targeted range.
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to display related (similar) products to users via Google Ads. It would be smart to offer buyers of a cell phone accessories for this cell phone later ... But that will certainly also come within the framework of the constantly improving Google algorithms and bidding strategies.
By the way: You can also combine both variants. So, for example, use the higher limit of the user-defined feeds in addition to the dynamic ads for the shopping products.
Or you do not want to advertise certain products via shopping, then you can choose the other option.
No comments yet.
What do you think?
- When was the first choice in India
- Diabetic neuropathy disappears
- How do I train my dogs on paper
- Where do most of the Indians live
- Who is the famous personality in Egypt
- Is it worth using OpenCart in 2019
- When was teleportation discovered?
- Only date furries with other furries
- What causes blood clots
- What is Smail in IIT Madras
- What are the main sources of food
- Indians eat shit in their meals
- Why do Jedi use lightsabers
- What is dad rock
- Which came first, wine or beer
- How good is the Amazon Fire Stick
- How do I get installation services for sanitary installations
- Which seas border on India
- Is it worth studying additional mathematics
- What makes a city urban
- Is Myanmar the lawless country
- What are the most common dangers of coworking space
- Is Fiddle a violin
- Are SLE and Lupus the same thing
- What is a fair game investment
- Is geology for an A student
- How do insects survive in the savannah?
- What are tips for starting robotics
- Is VIT safe and convenient for girls
- How do you radiate sexual energy
- What are Wikipedia's plans for the future
- What is 5 3
- What is a card title used for?
- Who was Indira Gandhi 3