Why climb on K2
Chaos on K2 - the second highest mountain in the world
Dramatic turning point on K2: after the Nepalese summit success, the tide has turned. A total of five people have died trying to climb the second highest mountain in winter since January 16, 2021. There were chaotic conditions in Camp 3. In the current program BETA from Actiontalk TV we talk to Antonios Sykaris, who turned back in the high camp.
BETA is presented by Bächli Bergsport and Mammut
On the evening of February 4, 2021, a total of 21 people came to Camp 3 of K2, but there were only 4 double tents. That night must have been the absolute horror, understandably almost everyone from Camp 3 descended afterwards.
Only Muhammad Ali Sadpara, John Snorri and Juan Pablo Mohr, who were on the mountain as their own team, set off for the summit despite the extreme cold and despite the short weather window. But why? What happened? Why were there so few tents in Camp 3? We pursue these and other questions in an exclusive interview with the Greek Antonios Sykaris, who was there at first hand.
You might be interested in
In the sixth episode of BETA, we investigated the question of how it was possible to climb K2 without artificial oxygen. ⤵️
Credits: Cover picture Antonios Sykaris
- Why is Halloween the best holiday 1
- What is transfer corridor
- How does Facebook optimize your audience
- Is there any freelance work in Java
- Is DNA a van der Waals molecule
- Jews celebrate Halloween
- How long should you suffer grief
- What is this switch for?
- Everyone has a phobia
- Intermittent fasting also loses thigh fat
- What is knowledge gained by experience
- What is real estate stock investment REIT
- Can I forge my director identification number?
- What are hormones 2
- What are logical questions
- What are the characteristics of psychological tricks
- How was the chemistry committee exam
- Productsourcing com is a trusted dropship company
- How do I plant a mango seed
- What is the mechanism for meperidine
- Why do you have a panic attack
- How to meet Anna Kendrick
- What is the full form of PGDRM
- What are the causes of sleepwalking