How can I promote my classified website
The ten most important tips for online applications
Classic application folders are produced less and less nowadays. Many companies now prefer to apply online. Many companies often even offer their own application portals, which are best used to apply online.
This makes the application procedure (and the costs) easier for applicants, but there are also some things that can be done wrong with online applications and thus make the chance of a job difficult. That is why we have put together ten valuable tips for online applications here.
Our ten tips for a successful online application via PDF:
- Exercise care and calm: Always work carefully. This is especially true for online applications, where the temptation is great to send out as many applications as possible in large numbers. This is where mistakes creep in particularly quickly. You have to pay more attention to this, especially online. It is better to print out the entire application and correct it (or let others read it) and leave it for a few days and only then pick it up again. Errors such as old address details or rotated numbers must be avoided at all costs.
- Layout: Please note here that the formatting could possibly cause problems and that the application in the end does not look as planned to the addressee. You avoid that with the PDF formatwhich ensures that the application arrives at the recipient exactly as it should and can be opened and printed without any problems.
- Just like the classic application by post, an online application should always contain: Cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates and photo: The cover letter is specific to the position / company and is intended to arouse curiosity. It is usually sufficient if the cover letter is attached as an attachment and a short form of it is included in the mail. The curriculum vitae (vita) including photo (so you save a cover sheet) lists all professional stages: Start here with the current status.
- Subject line of the email: In any case, the position you are applying for should be mentioned. The subject line should be clearly named and not empty. If available, an identification number or similar and the name of the applicant should be included.
- The right one is also important Addressee of the email (if in doubt, call beforehand) of the application.
- The own Contact details / the signature should always be directly below the email and also in the application. By the way: email senders in the style of [email protected] are in any case not welcome. A reputable e-mail address with a first and last name is a must.
- Attachments: Too many file attachments are problematic with online applications. Personnel Employees are often annoyed when they repeatedly have to click on many attachments individually (more on the subject here), often even several times if the applications are then to be printed out. Another annoyance is when the attached file attachments are not clearly named or even have a rare file format that cannot be opened. Therefore, the principle always applies: All certificates in the correct order one Combine the document (as PDF) and only ever send it as one PDF document. An online application therefore consists at best of only one single file that is sent. Name of the file attachments: The meaningful and unambiguous naming of the PDF is just as important as the subject line. The file name should always follow the scheme: Application_Johannes_Mustermann_Marketingleiter or similar.
- File size: A sensitive topic. Shortly before sending the application at the latest, it is often noticeable that the file is much too large. You should fix that in any case. The smaller the file, the better. Here you have to find a good balance to keep the online application as small as possible without the quality deteriorating too much. A guideline for sending an online application is around 2 MB, in exceptional cases up to 5 MB. In case of doubt, you should always clarify this by telephone beforehand. By the way: In order to reduce the file size, you should scan the certificates as PDF (or PNG) right at the beginning and then always use the PDF optimization options of Acrobat. (A good guideline is also that an online application via PDF can or should have around 10-15 pages. As always, less is more!)
- Do not forget: signature Include a scan or image in good quality (otherwise it is better to omit) on the CV and cover letter. As a rule, it is considered a positive sign if you take the effort to insert a properly scanned signature. In addition, a signature looks more personal and also gives a first impression.
- Final tip: At the end of the day, you should always send the online application to yourself and friends as a test, preferably still open it with different e-mail programs. As a test, you should also print everything out once.
- Could you recommend a good fiction editor
- Is food compulsory
- Why do old people forgive so often
- Have the nectar points only halved
- Where is the Sunda Trench
- Mike Tomlin finished in Pittsburgh
- Fast food can cause constipation
- What does Me importa un pimiento mean
- Baniyas are Punjabi
- What is the provincial flag of Nagaland
- Why is Skyscanner so popular
- How does Alexa work in search engine optimization
- What kind of chemical reaction is it
- What are the best auto movies
- Why are idiots successful
- Is it an advantage to increase the working memory
- Which goddess is known for matchmaking
- Think of yourself as happy or unhappy
- What five schools are good in Noida
- What are the top 5 misheard texts
- Excited electrons release gamma rays
- Should I learn Common Lisp or Scheme
- Was society fair to Donald Trump?
- How can I own a farmland
- Arthritis can cause bruising
- MOS has been short for months
- Are you perceived differently than intended
- Everyone has a phobia
- Why is Yahoo less popular than Google
- When does killing become immoral?
- What is the indirect talk of still
- What is life in a single sentence
- Is alopecia treatable
- Are gravitons affected by the Higgs field