Should wakeboarding be an Olympic sport
Surfing at Olympia Tokyo 2020
Surfing at the Olympics, initially just a dream
Surfers had to wait in vain for many years for their sport to become Olympic. First hope came in 2011 when surfing was put on the so-called short list for 2020 by the International Olympic Committee as one of 7 new sports. The shortlist is a selection of sports that are considered contenders for inclusion in the Olympics.
Unfortunately, however, the first choice did not fall on surfing, which temporarily seemed to burst the dream. In 2013 it was initially decided not to make surfing Olympic. In 2016, when a further 6 sports were nominated, surfing was not part of the IOC's selection.
Surfing becomes Olympic
As part of an IOC agenda, the host is given the opportunity to name five additional sports that are to be played at the Olympic Games. So there was room for other sports and surfing was ultimately nominated for the 2020 Olympics in 2016.
Surfing here means classic surfing. Women and men will ride their boards for gold, silver and bronze. So surprisingly and accidentally, this decision does not come after all. This has been the result of years of lobbying by the International Surfing Association (ISA).
The 2020 Olympics are scheduled to take place in Chiba, just under an hour's drive from Tokyo. 40 athletes should be able to compete in their favorite sport, 20 women and 20 men each. The sports equipment should only be shortboards. Neither longboarding, bodyboarding nor SUP will take part in the Olympics.
Olympia postponement due to Corona COVID-19
After the long struggle to start surfing at the Olympics, the next setback comes. Due to the corona pandemic COVID-19, the IOC decided to postpone the 2020 Olympics. Several teams had already canceled out of their own interest, but of course the decision was ultimately the right one. Not only in China were there serious restrictions in public life
The opening ceremony of Tokyo 2020 is planned for July 23, 2021 and will last until the closing ceremony on August 8, 2021.
- What's your favorite Chopin prelude
- How would a crypto punk world be
- Can 1 mosquito kill someone
- When did the PCs first come out?
- What is orientalism
- Can alcohol dehydrate you
- How accurate is the GPS tracker these days
- Are there functioning quantum radar systems
- What is an electric cable 7 36
- INTJs what is your position on marriage
- What is a Singtel number
- Why does Phoebe hates Chandler and Ross
- What is the meaning of number seven
- Is Entelo a threat to the LinkedIn recruiter
- External motivation is an illusion
- What is Donald Trump's blood cholesterol measurement
- People use Periscope
- What kind of plant is fruit
- Contains CBD oil pesticides
- What would your dream classroom look like
- What is the full form of PGDRM
- Why does Luxembourg have such aggressive drivers
- Why can't we communicate with our body?
- How are the winters in Bergen, Norway