Speciation would occur if humans colonized Mars
What could cause people to break in many different ways?
After all, a computer program is made up of two different characters: 1 and 0. The only thing that matters is the order in which they are displayed. But from that alone we get amazing tools , such as Stack Exchange.
When a person is conceived, apart from a little cellular support function, four different signs - A, C, G and T - are repeated three billion times. Again: What makes us humans, and not, for example, monkeys, fish or amoebas, is the order in which these characters appear.
The interesting part is that it doesn't take a lot of rearrangement to go from humans to something else. Humans have more than 99% genetic similarities with chimpanzees, for example. That's just 30,000,000 base pairs that need to be rearranged, and voilà ... a whole new breed.
They have 99% genetic similarity to these companions
So what if we can do genetic engineering on ourselves? Movies like Gattaca have already explored this venue. The human being becomes start fixing the most noticeable flaws in our genetic code, such as the fact that our retinas are awkwardly turned back, our idiotic lack of vitamin C self-sufficiency, or our completely unnecessary susceptibility to viruses and bacteria.
How long will it take until we have the first "patch" for our genetic code? Will everyone get it? Can everyone afford it? Does everyone want to get it?
And what if one other Company offers a better patch that is not at all compatible with the first one?
Worse still ... what if we find out that the husband and wife cannot conceive because they have been changed by two different spots?
In real life, Pandora looks at that big box that says "Human Genetic Engineering" and says, "Hmmmm ... I wonder what's in there" ...
- What is the next evolution of publishing
- How well is CIMA recognized in Ireland
- What was Saint Patrick's full name
- How many US presidents do you remember?
- What is a motel
- What is the most counterfeit brand in the world
- Dogs obey video commands
- What are the psychological effects of exercise
- TNP2 is a good batch in ALL
- Why do people have mental health problems
- What is glass bead blasting
- Runs UPS drug tests
- What is bit in simple computer language
- Why do diseases skip generations
- What is the Vahana of Brahma
- Fresh meat contains vitamin C.
- How did Trump ruin your business
- Taxis are cheap in Abu Dhabi
- When is a toy not a toy?
- Why do Jedi use lightsabers
- What happens in death 1
- How many people have lost their jobs
- How can hard work alone lead to success?
- Why is it called the Divine Comedy