How can I access my Instagram account
Update 2021: Has my Instagram account been hacked? Find out!
It's actually sad: Most people only care about their Instagram account and its security once it has been hacked. You can actually protect yourself well in advance! You can find out how to do this and how you can find out whether your account has been hacked here:
How do you know if your Instagram account has been hacked?
There are some hints if someone who shouldn't have access to your Instagram account suddenly has this access Has.
- All of a sudden you are followed by a lot of people you don't know - and you like their pictures.
- There are images appearing on your account that you KNOW are not yours.
- You no longer have access to your account and you are 100% sure that you are using the correct password - and that this is not a technical problem.
What Should You Do If Your Instagram Account Has Been Hacked?
Don't worry, it's not the end of the world, even if losing your account, even if it's only temporary, isn't a great feeling.
- If you still have access to your account, change your password immediately. Also change the passwords of all other accounts that have the same password. Or even better: change it all Passwords. 😉
- If you no longer have access to your account, contact Instagram as soon as possible and go through the procedure for hacked accounts.
Protect your data with one click
Avira Free Security. Including password protection, VPN, antivirus and more.
Get it for free
What can you do to make sure your account is secure - so it won't get hacked?
We have had many articles on this topic in the past, but we are only presenting the short version here.
Your password is the key
Make sure it's strong (numbers, letters, not a dictionary word, special characters - you already know that). Make sure it's not on this list. Make sure you use a different password for each of your accounts. Also: Do not share your password - or your account details - with anyone. It is best, however, to use a good password manager that can create a secure one for you and also remember it for you. Finished. 🙂
Do not install third-party apps
Well, you shouldn't do that unless you trust them 100%. Why? Think back to the InstaAgent thing. The app was in the top 100 app stores in Canada and the UK. The Instagram username and password were sent in clear text to a remote server by the app, and access to the account was also used to post pictures in the Instagram feed to promote the app. Doesn't sound so funny, does it? So be very careful on this front too.
Use Instagram's two-factor authentication
Instagram has been offering two-factor authentication for some time. Especially if you use the social app often, have uploaded a lot of pictures and have a lot of followers, you should also use an authentication app for Instagram in addition to password protection. You can find out how exactly this works here.
- Explain the two types of radiation
- What are the advantages of smart homes
- What are the subdivisions of microorganisms
- What exactly happens when you choke
- How to make kids nail polish
- What do you think created the universe
- What are the best bakeries in Finland
- Violates antimatter against free will
- How do I become a web novelist
- What does W mean in Python
- Is a phrase a correct English
- How are transgender people treated in Brazil
- When do we use the Laplace equation
- Narcissistic parents create empathic children
- Who are Blueocean Market Intelligences Competitors
- Receive a commission on Ulta
- Digestive bitters help acid reflux
- NIA only has 659 employees
- Should nuclear weapons be outlined worldwide
- What does a legal deposit include
- Which table shows the exponential decay
- Is humanity threatened with extinction
- How can I make an ethernet cable
- Why did Google remove the elevation from Maps