How can we get rid of bias?
Foreign culturesCan travel get rid of prejudice?
Travel introduced me to the complexities of people and cultures. It also gave me a good opportunity for self-reflection by forcing me to compare here and there. My worldview changed.
Traveling encompasses a lot - from history to culture, adventure, nature, food and drink to sporting leisure activities. It can (and should) be much more than curiosity, wanderlust and escapism. Rather, travel is the greatest remedy against all kinds of prejudices, both conscious and unconscious. But amazingly, many entrenched beliefs about "others" persist even among well-traveled people. Simply leaving your own house is therefore not enough to break down preconceived ideas in the long term.
Before my first trip to Argentina, people around me seemed to have sworn to hate the country with some nonsensical prejudices. Most of the people I knew predicted that I was sure to be robbed. To this day, however, Paris is the only place in the world where this ever happened to me.
Many of the warnings that we read about certain countries are charged with deeply rooted, sometimes even racist, feelings. Derogatory judgments like "these are dangerous, bad places" may be well meant, but are not helpful in the long run. In societies with economic inequality and the poverty gap, there is always some danger, not just for travelers. But no country in the world is entirely exempt from it.
- What is the best course for banking
- A union can refuse to represent you
- How does objectivism see the Nash equilibrium
- When did Spain stop being fascist?
- What is a Java Interview Question
- How do I fix my dry eyes
- Can I buy shares after work
- How do you radiate sexual energy
- Why is the company value sometimes negative
- Why can't I remember technical things
- Is it reasonable to question one's sanity?
- Is venture capital a bullshit job
- Why are Sony smartphones underestimated
- Silverlight has been discontinued
- Does anyone like fitness music
- What are some examples of monocots
- What would Eva Braun say to Hitler?
- Why are keywords in pseudocode development
- How can anyone live on camaraderie
- Accepts Amazon Skrill
- What is the full form of OALP
- How do we know Socrates really lived
- How can we have undivided attention
- Mary Kay is a cult