What is global HRM
HR needs more global competence
Globalization is addressed in HR trends, but only very quietly. But can we achieve proper HR competence without concentrating on global know-how?
+++ This article is part of the anniversary edition “The Essence of Eight Years”. You can find an overview of the Human Resources Manager expenditure here. +++
Four theses on the necessary global competence in human resource management:
- Global competence needs a holistic approach
Internationalization initially means acting across borders. Business relationships in English are sufficient for this. In HR, however, individual aspects of internationalization have so far been in the foreground: international recruiting, international assignments as well as international HR processes, talent management and governance structures. The increasing global interdependence in all areas forces us to understand global competence beyond individual components and to accelerate changes.
- Connectivity brings global trends together
The social changer among the megatrends is connectivity, that is, the organization of people in networks. The demand for transparency is reshaping the whole of society and the companies with their culture, their structures and their decisions are being exposed to the outside world. The demands of the individual are increasingly reflected in the values and culture of the organizations, as a result of which values, behavioral guidelines and social commitment are re-evaluated worldwide.
- All HR wants to be global
Our best practice approaches come from a global perspective. They reveal the reasons why a large number of mergers & acquisitions do not achieve the desired results. Nevertheless, a lot has remained the same - numbers are analyzed, but culture is left to its fate. There are standards for financial expertise in which job-specific skills are consistently recognized by companies, organizations and institutions. On the other hand, global HR certifications such as HRCI (The HR Certification Institute) or the initiative of SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) for the global ISO standardization of HR are little known. No wonder if the business - due to a lack of clearly recognizable competence standards - too often still makes important decisions without HR.
- Global HR competence is a key integrating function
The core of the company's global competitiveness lies in its ability to put together cross-functional and multicultural teams and lead them effectively. HR is responsible for providing opportunities and platforms for interaction, exchange and communication in the organization. Global leadership skills can only be imparted through team learning and multinational exchange discussions. In the best case scenario, communication for interaction develops; self-reflection for learning in teams; a stress resistance to ambiguity tolerance; the international experience of global thinking, as well as individual goals for overarching corporate goals.
Called five years ago Thomas Belker, Spokesman of the Board of Management of Talanx Service AG, in an opinion piece on HR to position themselves more cleverly globally. This is a shortened and revised version from the anniversary issue Human Resources Manager: The Essence of Eight Years.
You can find an overview of the expenses and our subscription conditions here.
- People come from monkeys
- Why can't we manage the time
- What is the importance of water binding angles
- Is depo Medrol harmful to cats
- What does Isha mean in Arabic
- How is unconsciousness different from sleeping?
- Are we ugly
- What was in the treaty of 1818
- What are basic accounting terms
- Can you decipher the word RSEO?
- What is it about most elitists?
- Does the Welsh language have a silent w
- How do i paint a breadboard
- What marine animals are mammals
- Why is Messi a favorite
- Is DNA a van der Waals molecule
- Acted Meryl Streep
- Which K-pop fandoms fight the most
- When is the competition bad?
- How are stars born
- Engineer is a graduate or postgraduate
- Is the Samsung Galaxy M30 waterproof
- What websites do you pay to read
- What are the Indian social networks