Volcanoes make new land
How are volcanoes formed?
How volcanoes are formed
The earth's crust, the outermost shell of our planet, has broken into individual plates. Sometimes these continental plates collapse. As one plate sinks below the other, the water contained in the lower plate evaporates, rises and ensures that the rock above melts more easily. As magma it rises to the surface and forms gigantic volcanoes.
1. Tectonic plates diverge
The top layer of the earth, the earth's crust, is made up of tectonic plates. They float like rafts on the hot, liquid rock of the earth's mantle. Move to the Limits two plates away from each other, a gap is formed through which liquid rock can rise from the interior of the earth. This is how, for example, the Nyiragongo originated in Africa.
2: Plates plunge into the depths
At the plate boundaries it can also happen that one plate dips under another. In the process, the rock of the plate on top melts and it is formed magmathat rises. If it penetrates the plate, a new volcano is formed. Around eight out of ten volcanoes worldwide are created in this way.
3: Plates burn out
Sometimes hot rocks burn in from the earth's mantle hole in the middle of a plate. Then magma can swell to the surface. Such places are called "hotspots" (translated: "hot spots"). A famous example is Hawaii: The archipelago was created by a hotspot on the ocean floor and grew out of the sea over time.#Subjects
- What is spatial demography
- Which asset classes are currently good values
- Why is robotics process automation
- Why are there still people today
- Why did you start your blog
- What makes you realize that you are lazy?
- Antimatter is still important
- What is Jungkook of BTS's hidden talent
- What is the book of Mirdad
- When will OCR technology become more reliable?
- What does A tout vent
- Is made GTA 6
- What are stroke machines in computer graphics
- Which is better pharmacy or graduation
- Is Lupe Fiasco the new Kanye West
- Cats get depressed when you move around
- What does forever woman mean?
- How can you be my mentor
- What is 4x4x4x4
- What should everyone know about Madrid
- Why isn't Pinterest loading?
- What are makeup palettes for?
- Which metal is stronger titanium or aluminum
- Type club for free
- What is the color of gas
- What astrological signs make the best lovers
- Is circuit and gate circuit different
- Think your cat looks majestic
- Why do cats paint
- Why is TikTok a very famous application
- Why do so many people hate God?
- What kind of chemical reaction is it
- Why is Carrie Fisher still so popular
- The hair grows back after the follicles die