Electric cars are losing value
Ostfildern. The boom in new electric cars, driven by high premiums, is causing the value of used electric vehicles to plummet. The residual values of three-year-old electric vehicles are currently around a tenth lower than they were for comparable cars a year ago, as an evaluation by Deutsche Automobil Treuhand (DAT) published on Wednesday shows. In addition, electric cars are currently losing value much faster than gasoline or diesel vehicles.
"The used car market for battery-electric cars is having a hard time," says the head of DAT vehicle valuation Martin Weiss. "The price difference between a new and a used electric car is often too small to be attractive for the buyer to buy the used car. On the one hand, the promotion of new cars depresses the price, on the other hand, the technology is still developing rapidly." Every used car seller quickly runs out of arguments. "
Residual value below 51 percent
In February 2020, the residual value of a typical three-year-old electric car was still roughly the same as that of a gasoline-powered car at a good 56 percent of the list price. But while this number has remained more or less constant for gasoline-powered vehicles, it has now dropped to less than 51 percent for electric cars. And this is only half the story, says Weiss: "If you only look at the smaller segments, their depreciation is much more dramatic."
While the lower prices should please prospective buyers, they are problematic for owners of electric cars if they want to sell them. The drop in prices for used vehicles could also affect the leasing rates for vehicles of this type in the medium term and make them more expensive. (dpa)
- What are the best strategies for blokus
- What about the word move 1
- Can Reliance reach the level of Tata
- How do you win awards at MUN
- How do I help someone with syncope
- Are Democrats a broken political party?
- Why are reservations in India not fair
- Why DC motors are used in treadmills
- Yelp and Mouthshut really matter
- Dogs or cats are easier to own
- How many octaves can Sia sing
- Artificial intelligence will do God's job
- What would happen if India hosted the Olympic Games
- Should nuclear weapons be outlined worldwide
- Is it okay to wear cloth diapers?
- C ++ templates are really loosely written
- What's the worst joke ever
- Princeton has a quota per school
- How does a secondary listing work
- Which wax figures really look like celebrities
- Who were some male rappers in 1989
- Why are Apple products so successful
- What creatures eat swarm grass
- What were the uses of African masks