When was deodorant invented
In ancient Egypt, intensive body care was practiced in the armpit area. In addition to removing body hair, scented baths were also taken and the areas were rubbed with perfumed oils to mask the smell.
The first deodorants were so-called alums, which are crystallized water-containing salts made from potassium and aluminum. Initially, alum was used as a flame retardant for wood and its effect in preventing body odor was later discovered. Alums have also been used to treat internal inflammation and to stop bleeding from fine cracks.
In ancient times, perfumed oils were also used to cover up unpleasant body odor.
Only in modern times have there been further advances in relation to body odor. On the one hand, in Grasse, the world capital of perfume, the perfume and the production and effect were improved. Furthermore, Jan Evangelista Purkyně discovered the sweat glands and their function in 1833. It became known that the secretion of the sweat glands and the warm, humid climate within the armpit represent ideal conditions for bacteria.
First attempts in the 19th century with ammonia tincture were rather unsuccessful due to the skin irritation. Only a deodorant based on zinc ointment was successful and was sold by the Bristol Myers company from 1931 onwards.
Shortly after the end of World War II, the first roll-on deodorants were invented.
The first deodorant sprays came on the market in 1965 and from then on replaced the deodorant rollers.
20 years later, when the ozone hole was discovered, the turning point came and deodorant sprays filled with greenhouse gas had to give way to deodorant rollers, deodorant sticks, pump sprays, etc.
Nowadays there are deodorants as a spray (aerosol), roller or RollOn, pen, pump spray or crystal.
- How will traffic lights turn green
- How is MapReduce based on functional programming
- How does Google display my website
- What is life force
- Should nuclear weapons be outlined worldwide
- Jesus had a wife
- How do I solve the battle between friends
- What do you think of Post Malone
- What does your business card look like
- How do I get a Shisha license
- What is serenity in football
- How do people feel about bullying?
- What is your opinion on your country
- When are laundromats busiest
- How do I naturally reduce weight
- What is the RetinaNet model
- What's in the space between molecules
- Was it fun for the Istari to become Istari?
- How important is trust in golf
- Exactly how historically I am Tonya
- How does a blown loudspeaker sound
- IMessage is free
- What is the retirement age in France
- What are the benefits of HRM
- What do American teachers wear in school?
- They know you are from Argentina when
- Can schools get children to respect parents?
- Why should I join business clubs?
- Why do tampons cause cervical cancer
- How should a web design be
- Why do Gothics love energy drinks
- Fat people can wear saree
- How small birds survive colds