Has your car ever been wrecked?
Tesla celebrates a record, but a comparison shows the whole truth
Tesla has made many automakers rethink their approach. Whether VW, Mercedes or even Porsche: Hardly any manufacturer can evade the e-car. Now the US company is reporting a new record. Throughout 2020, Tesla claims to have sold almost half a million vehicles with 499,500 cars. Almost 510,000 models rolled off the assembly line last year. But is that a lot?
→ Tesla wants to make electric cars affordable: That's the plan
Tesla celebrates itself, but is miles behind
If you compare the sales figures with those of other manufacturers, you can quickly see how few cars Tesla really sold. VW or Toyota, the two largest car manufacturers in the world, bring around 10 million vehicles to the people worldwide every year. Mercedes and BMW, which sell around 2 to 3 million cars annually, also beat Tesla by far. Even if you only include e-cars in the bill, Tesla is beaten. In November 2020, for example, a good 6,000 VW e-cars were registered in Germany. During the same period, Renault put almost 4,300 models of its ZOE electric car on the road. And Tesla? In November 2020, just 1,680 models were registered in Germany.
→ E-car or diesel? These numbers show the terrifying miscalculation
This comparison shows the whole truth
Tesla was founded in July 2003. After three years of development, the company presented its first electric car, the Roadster. In the 17th year after it was founded, the electric car manufacturer from the USA celebrates the success of half a million vehicles produced. And even this number cannot really impress if you compare it with another car manufacturer. The first Ford Model T rolled off the production line in 1908. Exactly 17 years later, almost 2 million models of the world's best-selling car were still leaving the factory. Of this one model, Ford has sold more than 13 million vehicles to date.
→ The Anti-Tesla Plan: This is how VW, BMW and Mercedes want to fight back
Tesla wants to sell more than just electric cars
But apart from the comparisons and numbers, Tesla is on the right track. The focus is not only on the sale of e-cars. The boss and visionary Elon Musk is about much more than that. What he has already achieved: to turn the entire automotive industry inside out and to get it to rethink. Without Tesla, the electric car would also have been inevitable. However, it is questionable whether VW, Renault and Co. would have developed this at such a high speed as they are doing today.
- Which truck uses Kirloskar engines in India
- Is a hijra male or female
- Do you miss your father
- What loans are easy to get
- Online interactions lead to misunderstandings and misunderstandings
- What script was used to write Rig Veda
- What is a design composite in UX
- Why is there no money in ATMs
- Women generally expect push gifts
- What is birefringence
- What is the IUPAC name for ClCH2CH2Cl
- King George III had siblings
- Which website should I design using HTML
- Toledo has a good airport
- What is the information from Truecaller
- Jesus had a wife
- What is a Disputed Estate
- Is there Panda Express in China
- Can ghosts ghosts communicate with each other
- How can I meet a famous person
- Do people want to harm you
- What are some rousing speech
- Who has a stable SMS route
- What is a Director-Designate