How do successful people control stress
Coping with Stress: Methods for Stress Relief
Keep calm in stressful situations and react calmly despite pressure? Many people want this superpower nowadays. Much of this power depends on the ability to control one's emotions.
According to scientists, the most popular behavioral patterns for coping with stress can be divided into three categories: mindfulness, reassessment of the situation and emotional suppression.
Do you know what type of stress you are?
We use all of these methods (more or less consciously) to get our emotions under control.
The strategy of mindfulness advocates becoming aware of the current situation and accepting all feelings and thoughts that are associated with it. The reassessment pattern implies a different way of dealing with negative emotions. In doing so, the person tries to look at the situation from a different - more positive - perspective. For example, a failed exam can be seen as an opportunity to delve deeper into the subject and become more successful. The advocates of the last strategy, which scientists call emotion suppression, try to simply ignore negative emotions.
Stress Management Study
In a study, researchers from Australia and the United States examined the effects of various stress management strategies on people's emotional well-being. Participants in the study were asked to observe their own well-being and the various coping strategies they use for 21 days, and to record the results daily before bed. After the experiment, the scientists were able to evaluate these notes and examine the correlation between the respective coping strategy and people's well-being.
Not every strategy is equally suitable for everyone
The results varied greatly from person to person. For some participants, a behavior pattern turned out to be very positive, while the same method resulted in a deterioration in mood in others. The results clearly show that there can be no general solution for coping with stress and that every person has to find out for themselves which strategy works best for them.
Nevertheless, tendencies can be recorded that apply to a large number of people. For example, the mindfulness strategy has improved mood in most people. An opposite tendency was found for emotion suppression: people who tried to ignore their emotions often felt worse afterwards. A reassessment of what happened has led to positive results, especially in older adults.
It's in your own hands
While scientists continue to research these strategies and effects, we have developed a solution for you. According to a study published in 2013, scientific working memory training is able to effectively increase our emotional control and thus also our well-being.
NeuroNation's brain training has been scientifically proven to improve your working memory and is therefore a complementary way to increase your emotional control in order to go through life healthier and happier. Start training right away and join the most popular brain training platform in German-speaking countries.
- How can CLAT students join politics
- How is poetry
- Why is Baba Ramdev so homophobic
- How are the environment and architecture connected?
- What are slub pants
- Runs Google+ ads
- Two personalities can make you more productive
- How is Ruth related to Jesus?
- What do these labels say
- Which ACH service provider accepts international dealers
- When did India become a republic?
- Is Ubuntu good for playing
- What are the benefits of Kreuzkuemmel
- Why not math skills genetically
- There are a lot of germs in Ubers
- What is a battery operated
- How many types of video games are there
- Is intelligence brain power
- How to sum in SQL
- How is mechanical engineering and its specializations
- Which invention ruined morality the most?
- Who are the most beautiful Arab actresses
- How has saved payment information affected purchases?
- How to represent Estonia in MUN
- Did Batman and Spider Man ever meet
- Why is yellow rice yellow
- What is the placenta made of
- How is every child uniquely brilliant Why
- Why should people not smoke while sleeping
- Why were fortresses built
- What do you think of Yannis Stournaras
- What is night mode on Android
- Is Cryptosoft real
- How do exotoxins and endotoxins differ