What devices have dynamos
Dynamo as an example: This is how a generator works
To understand how a generator works, it helps to take a closer look at an object that everyone knows: the dynamo. Ultimately, the small device on the bike is nothing more than a miniature generator.
Energy from the legs runs a small generator on the bike
In short: a generator converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. In the case of larger generators, this kinetic energy is often provided by diesel engines; in the case of dynamos, it comes from the muscle power of the person who rides the bicycle. But apart from the type of drive, the underlying principle is the same as with any generator - namely the induction principle.
Induction principle: centuries-old technology behind the generator
The first generators were built in 1832, when the English physicist Michael Faraday discovered the induction principle. This principle is based on the discovery that electrical charge in a conductor, such as a wire, is shifted when it moves across a magnetic field.
As a result of the movement, the electrons shift in such a way that there is a shortage of electrons on one side of the conductor and an excess of electrons on the other. As a result, there is an electrical voltage between the ends of the conductor - that is, current flows.
The faster the conductor is moved through the resulting magnetic field, the higher the voltage generated.
How does a dynamo work?
A permanent magnet, the so-called rotor, rotates in the dynamo. Depending on the design, this can also be outside the dynamo. This rotor is surrounded by a tightly fitting wire coil, the stator.
When the rotor, which is connected to the friction wheel on the head of the dynamo, begins to turn, electrical voltage is generated in the wire coil. This electrical energy is then diverted via cables that are connected to the coil - ideally, the lights on the bike will then be on.
- Can software developers make video games
- When did Aerosmith make it big?
- Home births are good
- What is 1 2X5
- What was the Second World War actually about?
- Will she come back to me
- What are the 8 ASE certifications
- What does the word absorbable mean?
- The free version of Malwarebytes is reliable
- What are nitrogen tires
- What is the Japanese word for mercy
- How was Vi T Minh formed
- What is the sound of a flute
- What are the cons of cramming
- How to get hiking
- Cats are good pets for children
- What muscles do triceps dips work
- Have you ever adopted a wild animal?
- How many entrepreneurs are there in Massachusetts
- Which light is best for makeup?
- May older men have beautiful tall women
- Do you want to read something?
- What colors can you paint glass back walls
- What is the secret of closing locks