What is a bronsted lowry base
after Johannes N. Brønsted (1879 to 1947), Danish chemist and Thomas M. Lowry (1874 to 1936), English chemist
Synonym: Definition according to Brønsted and Lowry, acid-base theory according to Brønsted
English: Brønsted – Lowry definition
As Brønsted definition is an acid-base concept that was developed by two independent chemists, Brønsted and Lowry. It says that an acid, as a particle, is capable of producing protons (H.+) to be transferred to a reaction partner (base).
Are the terms acid and base not further specified or assigned to a particular theory, they mostly refer to the Brønsted model.
Brønsted found that when considering acids and bases it is helpful to include the solvent (e.g. water) in the definition. The Swedish chemist recognized that on the one hand the occurrence and on the other hand the transfer of protons is an essential characteristic of these processes. Based on this, he defined the following claims:
- Proton donors: particles and thus acids that are able to donate protons.
- Proton acceptors: reaction partners and thus bases that are able to accept protons.
Brønsted already recognized that no free protons exist in a chemical reaction. So when a substance gives off a proton, there has to be a second substance on site that absorbs this proton again. In order to be able to consider an acid-base reaction quantitatively, a protolysis equilibrium must be established accordingly. Brønsted's proton transfer equilibria are always conjugated acid-base pairs, such as:
- ^ Chemie.de, definition according to Brønsted and Lowry
- ↑ 2,02,1"Chemistry for Medicines" - A. Zeeck et. al., Urban & Fischer-Verlag, 7th edition
- Should keep Zidane Bale and sell Benzema
- Why do teenagers sleep late
- Married Tenten Rock Lee
- Will replace Michelin tires with dry rot
- How do high-speed tickets affect insurance rates?
- When and why was the logotherapy created
- Can Islam be doctrinally moderate
- What do you feed a pet mouse
- Is Marvel really better than DC
- Is the NFL boring
- Is the Israeli election at a dead end
- Where is the best certificate translation
- What should everyone know about Madrid
- Who is Mike Maloney
- Who invented ciabatta bread?
- Should I confess to my teacher
- What was the personality of Andrew Jackson
- A residence is required for NEET 2017
- What's the best movie you've seen
- Who is the director of the Bandini film
- Can you trust wolves
- How have programming languages developed over time?
- Can any body become immortal
- Everyone needs a muse
- Is Islam before the Turkishization?
- What is Tupelo MS known for?
- What is the voltage for DC
- Why should I join business clubs?
- Who uses the jQuery user interface
- Can someone make me an atheist?
- Why are Muslim parents so oppressive
- How many chances does God give you
- What is an objective view