What do you use water for?
Nothing works without water
Water fulfills important tasks for all life processes in the body:
- As a component of cells and tissues, water shapes the body
- Water is important for the fluid balance
- Water dissolves the solid components of food such as sugar, salt, some of the vitamins and minerals and carries the dissolved nutrients to the cells
- Water is the body's coolant. In extreme heat or exercise, profuse sweating prevents the body temperature from rising. The sweat evaporates, heat is released and the skin cools down
- Water causes fiber to swell
Fuel for the kidneys
Water is also an important means of transport for excretion processes. For example, our kidneys clean around 1700 liters of blood every day. As in a sewage treatment plant, worthless or harmful waste is filtered out and released into the urine. The clean blood flows back through the bloodstream. Likewise, the skin releases water when sweating, the lungs when breathing and the intestine when digesting. A healthy adult loses around two to three liters of body fluid per day.
The fluid balance must be replenished regularly so that the vital metabolic processes can take place without restriction. The need can be met through food intake and drinks. Without fluids, we could only survive for about three days.
Avoid dry spells
Surprisingly, the water losses do not occur immediately after the occurrence of the fluid loss, but rather most strongly on the following day. So there is no point in drinking more in the evening to make up for the losses of the day. It is important to have a balanced fluid intake that is distributed throughout the day.
Often people confuse the feeling of hunger with thirst. This can especially happen when people are not very conscious about their hydration. Hunger and thirst show similar signs. When people then drink enough, they automatically eat less.
- How do alcoholism drugs work
- What do people think of Athens, Greece
- Does Homeschooling In India Work Why
- Why is Himachal Pradesh famous
- Who is Alex Honnold
- Cupid was a god
- What are vectors 2
- How is the Heritage Institute of Technology
- Is it possible to compete in the arts?
- Ibuprofen actually kills me
- What is a unit in functional programming
- Which feeling does blue represent for the why?
- What is thermal desorption
- What are the disadvantages of high schools
- What worries the developed economies
- Ketosis causes weakness in the body
- Gautam Gambhir is a prime ministerial candidate
- What is your strangest piece of art
- Did India really support the LTTE?
- Which band sang the song Joey
- What is the best treatment for cancer
- What is the main Photoshop plugin
- What is PPC in Grade 11 Economics
- What does yeet mean on Snapchat