How are container houses built
The modern pioneer John Wells is currently working on an exciting project in Alpine, Texas. On a strip of desert in his field laboratory, known as the "Southwest Texas Field Laboratory for Alternative Energy and Sustainable Business", Wells lives completely self-sufficient and on his own.
A few years ago he built his first tiny house here, which is powered by 270 watts of solar energy and four 100-watt wind turbines. Wells ‘current project is the construction of a larger residential and commercial unit from a total of four 20-foot sea containers.
He hopes to be able to realize almost 500 square meters of living space for less than 15,000 euros.
For everyone who has a similar project, he also has 10 tips ready, which you should reconsider before using sea containers for your project:
1.Depending on the economic situation, sea containers are in great demand, prices can fluctuate, so containers are not always the cheapest material.
Long-distance transport is also not really cheap.
If you live near a larger port city and can have a suitably large truck and trailer, however, procurement is a bit easier and cheaper. The appropriate unloading of the container must also be planned on site, and crane or forklift must be organized if necessary.
2. If you need a specific offer, avoid dubious dealers, these are there, unfortunately, as in all industries. Use our marketplace for a transparent comparison of offers.
3.The price for a container in the 20 foot variant can be between 900 and 1500 euros.
A conventional construction of the same size, watertight and solid, can actually often be carried out more quickly and cost-effectively.
4. Containers are extremely safe - they can only be opened without authorization with the help of heavy equipment and a lot of effort. And they are far too heavy to be carried away without authorization.
5. If possible, have the sea container delivered to you and set immediately in the desired location or on the prepared foundation. Otherwise, you'll need a crane or giant pulley system to move it.
6. The only natural enemy of the container is rust - so look out for a CSC sticker if possible, a type of Tüv for sea containers.
7. Sea containers are not insulated: Depending on the amount of sunlight and the ambient temperature, they quickly turn into refrigerators or ovens. A good insulation and the installation of a sophisticated ventilation are therefore a must and associated with corresponding effort.
8. If world trade comes to a standstill, the metal monsters are piled up in their thousands unused in the freight yards. Their reuse and rededication as a residential or commercial building is therefore a sensible recycling measure.
9. Let the container stay what it is, stay "honest": Do not clad it with other building materials in order to preserve its (as we think) beautiful natural look.
10. Not everything that glitters is gold, or:
- Many pictures of container houses differ considerably from reality.
- Many of the projects presented look fabulous, but their construction and equipment has very often devoured astronomical sums.
The charm of the construction with containers lies precisely in letting personal creativity run free for affordable, yet visually appealing solutions as required.
Freely based on http://www.jetsongreen.com/2010/02/ten-things-consider-shipping-container-projects.html
Image source http://www.tinyhouseliving.com/tag/john-wells/
- What does the process of elimination mean
- What is the full form of NREP
- Why is poverty so expensive
- Who is better Giorgio Chiellini or Leonardo Bonucci
- Why don't more people eat wild meat
- Why do economists prefer macro to microeconomics?
- At what temperature does stainless steel glow red
- Can I hack a telegram channel?
- How should cyber war be slowed down?
- What is the Chinese equivalent of Hollywood
- How can tetanus be fatal
- Where can I find good molds
- Doctors are allowed to grow beards
- Where do I fit in this world
- Why do dogs fall asleep so quickly
- What are good careers for escapists
- What are some modern blog UI designs
- What are RICS Noida internships and scholarships
- Which US states end with S.
- How do you remove Formica worktops?
- What kinds of women make bossy women
- Why are bras measured in cups
- What did Marianne Williamson run for?
- Why do people start bunkers