Why should the indoor air quality be improved
Indoor air quality and ventilation traffic lights in schools
Good air quality in school rooms is a fundamental prerequisite for the concentration and health of teachers and students. An increased carbon dioxide (CO2) - Concentration in the room is associated with an increased concentration of bacteria as well as increased infection and absence rates among students and teachers. CO2 is an odorless gas that is found in the outside air at a concentration of around 400 ppm (parts per million, i.e. CO2 makes up about 400 of 1 million parts by volume of air) is present. CO falls in the body2 as a metabolic product and is exhaled by humans. Its concentration in the exhaled air is around 40,000 ppm. In rooms that are used by many people, for example classrooms, the CO2-Content increase rapidly, depending on:
- the number of users (class size),
- the volume of the room,
- the tightness of the room and
- the ventilation.
At the same time, numerous other metabolic products that humans give off through the skin and breathing also rise in the room (for example fatty acids, ammonia, volatile organic compounds). CO is used to enrich all of these substances2 as an indicator. In some cases, negative effects were already observed from concentrations of 1000 ppm CO2 observed.
Briefly summarized, studies have shown the following positive effects when the CO2-Concentration was lowered:
- The subjective well-being was improved.
- Tests were processed faster and more correctly by students.
- The noise level in the class dropped.
- Attention and cooperation have been improved.
That is why the Federal Environment Agency has the following guide values for CO2-Concentration in indoor spaces formulated (here abbreviated):
> 2000 ppm
Check the ventilation of the room
The health department would like to increase awareness of these interrelationships at schools in the Vogtland district and to improve the quality of the indoor air in the long term in the interests of students and teachers. It is possible to borrow or purchase a so-called VENTILATION TRAFFIC. A ventilation traffic light is a device that shows the current CO2-Measures the concentration in the room. The lights in the colors of a traffic light indicate when fresh air should be supplied to a room. The definition of ventilation regimes and those responsible as well as the involvement of the students bring about fast and lasting results and improvements, taking into account the individual circumstances.
Overall, measures that are easy to implement are intended to help improve the health and performance of children and adolescents.(As of March 10, 2017)
- Are there authors from Bastutrask Sweden
- Are the NASA police officers real police officers
- How do I get my electric driver's license
- What is your favorite pokemon
- Could you forget your crush How long
- What were the uses of African masks
- Are news companies that corrupt?
- What do you know about Guy Williams
- What is Community Based Security in SNMP
- In Minecraft, how many bosses are there
- How do you rate the eXo platform
- Your mood influences your decision-making
- How many universes are there in our galaxy?
- Who is the best prime minister of india
- What is puff pastry
- What are some modern blog UI designs
- Why do Americans like SUVs
- How should one prepare for GSI?
- What won't move movers
- Can alcohol dehydrate you
- Was Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field real
- What was the largest apex predator
- Your paid job is dying out
- What is Strobilanthes kunthianus