What does an ESTJ
Inclusion at work
Rejection of melancholy - historically
"The negative evaluation of melancholy begins in the Middle Ages. Saturn is considered * the * unlucky star. In the Christian coloring of the temperament doctrine, melancholy becomes a sin: under the name" Acedia "it describes the mortal sin of deceit, mourning, dullness and indolence These are revolts against the divine creation, whose beauty and meaning-saturated order seem to be denied by the melancholic. The existing theological (and thus social) order proves to be ineffective in the melancholic.
He embodies the temperament against which the binding offerings of meaning and values of society ricochet off. With the stubbornness of his black disposition, his incredulous gaze wandering into the empty distance, with the gloom of his feelings, he disturbs the sense and norms of culture. The melancholic is a troublemaker because he disturbs the social consensus, he is a sinner because the divine cosmos seems to break in him.
In this devaluation of melancholy we see one of the great social defense mechanisms that have returned in all forms of society since the Christian Middle Ages: every order is maintained through the exclusion of what counts as disorder. That is why the melancholic is not included in social compassion as a sufferer or victim. Rather, he, who has no happiness in this society, who has no knowledge, no profession, no pleasure and no hope dispel his black thoughts, is made an outsider, the bearer of an invisible stigma that he may live so passive, silent and tolerant, stamps lonely in the midst of all life and all joys. "
"No epoch, however, stylizes the melancholic as ruthlessly as the Enlightenment. If you go through the groups that the Enlightenment declared to be its opponents, they are all stigmatized with the stigma of melancholy: the Pietists and separatists, the enthusiasts and Fanatics, the enthusiasts and dreamers, the "monastic" ascetics and religionists, the superstitious. They are all melancholics because they do not correspond to the goals of enlightenment, general happiness, sociability, reasonable religion and humane morality The Enlightenment reveals the limits of the tolerance doctrine to the minorities labeled as melancholy. The separatist enthusiasts, with which the 18th century truly teems, become the enemy of the Enlightenment, onto which all negative stereotypes are projected: greed, vengeance, misanthropy, cruelty, maliciousness , Distrust, suspicion, fearfulness, envy, ruthlessness, Arrogance, deceit, stubborn pride, hypocrisy. Schings rightly says that "the misanthropic melancholy ... is one great provocation of society" . But it cannot be overlooked that the melancholic is not a reality, but the construct of the stigmatized other of reason. The gain of the sensible speaker of this melancholy discourse is enormous: if melancholy becomes the title of all undesirable character traits, the object of reason reserves all positive values of society at the same time: philanthropy, pity, generosity, friendship, sense of family, etc. Is the melancholy misanthropist and religionist the central enemy figure, two additional front lines can be observed on the level of discursive strategies: on the one hand, imagination and enthusiasm are radically discredited; on the other hand, all philosophical traditions that were to be brought under the title "Egyptian Neoplatonism" are physiologized as the offspring of pathological spleen addiction. This applies to all hermetic philosophers who started out from the Renaissance, alchemy, Paracelsian medicine, Jacob Boehme's pansophy, etc. It also includes Ficino, Robert Fludd, Giordano Bruno, Pico della Mirandola, van Helmont, Athanasius Kircher and many others. a .. In all of them, melancholy complexion acts as the fate of the brooding body over the spirit. With the concept of "manic melancholy" - for example with Annäus Carl Lorry, the Enlightenment players succeeded in a strategic move of far-reaching importance: by expanding melancholy to include mania, the core of melancolia generosa is pathologized. "
- Is Sudan a black country
- Why do scientists never enter politics?
- Are gender-specific differences biologically or socially determined
- What is the height of chance
- How can I access my Instagram account
- What is a car spin scientifically
- Why is WordPress so important for web design
- Which rural dwellers lie the most?
- What are the most underrated coffee brands
- All dog bites spread rabies
- Disruptive marketing disrupts conventional marketing
- Can someone become friends through Quora?
- Which artist sang the song Location
- Are power cords interchangeable
- How will I organize a perfect party
- What is a BP monitor
- What business means is profitable
- What are your favorite simple syrup recipes
- Are there unsafe areas in Meknes Morocco
- What are the micro-expressions of love
- Who can learn ethical hacking
- How did Afghanistan affect the USSR?
- How do I encrypt a certificate
- What is the name of the vagina in Chinese
- How do I stop being so moody
- At which USD rate will Bitcoin implode?
- How is Spotify legal
- What is the truck for in traffic
- Is there gluten in jelly?
- What is meant by a pH scale
- Look for ecommerce product photography
- Why is Yahoo less popular than Google
- What kinds of women make bossy women