What is kodi
What is Kodi and what can be done with it?
If you search the Internet for applications for streaming and playing multimedia content, you quickly end up with the Kodi software. But what exactly is Kodi and what can be done with it? Here's everything you need to know about Kodi!
What is kodi The ultimate multimedia center!
Kodi is a cross-platform multimedia center software that is under the GNU GPL license and is therefore not only free, but also completely free. It is the best known and most widely used media center solution for living rooms and bedrooms. The software was originally developed for the XBOX game console. Until 2014 it was referred to as "XBMC".
Unlike comparable solutions like Plex, Kodi is constantly being improved and developed by an enthusiastic community. Updates and new versions appear regularly. The development manages the non-profit XBMC Foundation (external link).
Kodi is an all-round solution for multimedia content. Among other things, the following is possible:
- Play and stream video content (e.g. films and series)
- Build libraries of movie posters, story texts, etc.
- Listen to internet radios
- View pictures and slide shows
- Access multimedia content on the network
- Play and record television programs
- Surf the Internet
- Use media libraries from ARD, ZDF and others
- Play and stream video games
- And much more
This wealth of functions makes Kodi the ideal basis for self-sufficient multimedia systems in the living room. In addition to installation on a conventional PC, installation on mini computers (Raspberry Pi), Amazon Fire Sticks, Android TV boxes and barebone PCs (Intel NUC) is of course also possible.
Customize Kodi according to your own ideas with addons
Since it is free software, Kodi may not only be downloaded and executed, but also further developed and changed. This means that there are numerous extensions (so-called "add-ons") with which your multimedia center can be customized according to your own needs. Kodi is “famous” for its numerous streaming add-ons.
In our List of the BEST Kodi addons we clearly list the most successful extensions.
Available for every system
Kodi can be installed on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, iOS and other operating systems. There are also operating systems that contain nothing other than Kodi, for example LibreELEC. Such systems, mostly based on Linux, are completely based on Kodi, offer better performance and are also significantly smaller, since no "regular" operating system such as Windows is used as the basis.
In our extensive section of instructions we show, among other things, how Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV and installed on Windows 10 becomes.
Getting the most out of Kodi
Kodi is extremely intuitive and easy to use, but a little detailed knowledge can help you get even more out of your media center. You can find this knowledge on Kodi-Tipps.de.
We don't just show you where the best addons where to find them and how to install them. Also detailed Instructions as Tips & Tricks can be found on this page. Are your streams stuttering or is Kodi running slower than usual? We offer you solutions and tips for your problems.
- Where is the Israel Gaza conflict going
- Why I feel demotivated all the time
- What does pump mean in crypto currency
- Do the students prefer biology or chemistry
- Is football a game of fraud?
- Can meditation replace sexual pleasure
- When does Cinepolis start in Nagpur
- The band Massive Attack is over
- What are the side effects of immunotherapy
- Which Pioneer mixer is the best
- Who were the Shakas
- What is meant by a pH scale
- Why do you love Indians
- What is the law of averages 1
- How do you pay for YouTube ads
- When does a YouTube channel make money
- Why are some salts insoluble?
- What a leader Amit Shah is
- Can the i-pill be taken regularly?
- What is your rating of Vision CEG
- Why are some salts insoluble?
- How would you define a bad person
- Which famous artists are from New Mexico
- What is your favorite way of drinking