What is the application of electrostatics
Electrical engineering modules / School / Applications of electrostatics
The imaging drum of a copier is initially charged strongly and evenly via a so-called coronary wire. The areas that should later be white are then discharged by the light of a laser beam. In the next step, toner powder sticks to the roller - and only to the charged areas. The toner is rolled onto the paper and in the last processing step the toner dust is burned into the paper.
When painting complex workpieces, for example cars, there used to be great difficulties in achieving a uniform color thickness even in depressions and in hard-to-reach places. A little more paint was sprayed, which increased consumption. The layer thickness became uneven. If the paint mist is positively charged and the body is negatively charged, the paint droplets are distributed absolutely evenly. Additional advantage: Very little color is lost in the environment.
- Flue gas cleaning
Another tried and tested application is flue gas cleaning in power plants: The smoke is passed through a chamber with many tightly stretched wires. A strong electric field removes dust and soot particles from the exhaust gas.
An electric field is also used in televisions: a filament (cathode) is used to generate free electrons, which are accelerated with a voltage of tens of thousands of volts in the direction of the positively charged anode. The front inside of the picture tube is covered with a fluorescent layer. Where the electrons hit, they create a point of light.
One uses for the graphic representation of electrical processes Oscilloscopes. The principle is similar to that of a television: an electron gun shoots an electron beam at the fluorescent layer. In the television, the electron beam is aimed at the desired pixel with electromagnets, but magnetic coils are not fast enough for high-frequency changes. This is why an electric field is used to deflect the electron beam horizontally and vertically. The deflection voltages are directed to two pairs of plates.
- Why are my dreams depressing
- Why were the Victorians so class conscious
- What are homophonic homonyms and homographs
- What is the full form of PARAM
- Who is a Shihan in Karate
- What are the names of the tips of the shoelaces
- How can people face baldness?
- The FAFSA is out of money
- What is life force
- Health insurance is worth it
- Burns one hemi more gas
- Is it safe to buy from DHGate
- Supports Oppo Realme 2 Dual VoLTE
- Do you wish you had analgesia
- What chemical makes you happy
- Which one is better bba or bcom 1
- Hockey is very popular in Nashville
- What is Donald Trump's blood cholesterol measurement
- Why are some people unattractive
- How are INFJs different
- Is Shrek Irish why or why not
- Why would anyone name their child Angus?
- What did NASA do in 1958
- Why do ponies live longer than horses?