What constitutes a cloud service
Cloud Computing - What's Behind It?
Cloud computing is particularly beneficial for small and medium-sized businesses Big advantages: The acquisition of your own IT infrastructure including servers is complex, costs a lot of money and later requires constant maintenance - this requires specialist staff who also have to be paid. In addition, in the best case scenario, the data center grows with the company, and that doesn't work in the traditional way as needed. Instead, decision-makers buy new hardware in fixed cycles and have to estimate future needs. In other words, more resources are usually purchased than are actually needed.
But most companies can no longer operate without a data center. Cloud computing provides a needs-based solution: the acquisition and maintenance of the hardware is then carried out by professionals, and the company itself only requires inexpensive, simple terminals for employees who use it to access the cloud computing services. Professional server farms, such as those used by cloud providers, are also mostly much better securedthan you could manage on site in your own company: security personnel protect the system against physical access by strangers, specialists secure the servers against digital attacks and fire protection experts ensure that no fire can destroy the data. In addition, many cloud computing providers ensure that all data is backed up.
The cloud computing system also has disadvantages, which is why many companies still shy away from using it. For some companies, the lack of adaptation is a reason to reject the model. With the various cloud providers, you are sometimes more, sometimes less dependent on their configurations. In general, you also make yourself dependent: Should the provider stop operating, you will inevitably face a problem. You also need a strong internet connection. If this is too slow or collapses regularly, employees cannot work effectively with cloud computing.
The biggest concern, however, is likely to be the issue privacy trigger. In two ways: It is true that the data is secured on site, but transmission over the Internet always poses a security risk. The other problem with data security often has to do with the location of the data center. While German or European providers generally adhere to local data protection regulations, this is not necessarily the case with other international providers. For example, US companies are required by the Patriot Act to provide data to US authorities upon request. Since companies in cloud computing are sometimes putting business-critical data in the hands of others, a healthy skepticism on this topic is understandable.
Naturally, cloud computing is not free either: users should therefore think carefully about which capacities they need - and especially when. Companies tend to book more in the context of the cloud than they actually need because the individual costs are so low. But these add up. But that doesn't have to be the case: With many providers, instances can be released again at short notice as soon as they are no longer needed. That saves costs.
No acquisition costs
Requires a stable and fast internet connection
No capital commitment
Scalable as required
Dependency on provider (vendor lock-in)
No specialist staff required
Transfer security risk
Data centers are perfectly maintained and secured
Low individual prices tempt you to book more in total than you need
- What is the ultimate karaoke setup
- Birds can drink fresh and salt water
- How does a narcissist respond to advice
- Did Florence Nightingale hate being female?
- Do you live in Israel now
- What are some reasons you hate MATLAB
- What minerals does volcanic ash contain
- What is Kubespray in Kubernetes
- What is the best career guide for aviation
- How can I see Total Dhamaal 2019
- What is the current population of Manchester
- What is Spark Databricks
- What property taxes are there in Europe
- Are there any Turing fractals
- Hermione and Ron had sex
- Which is the best Marwari marriage bureau
- What is 45 3
- Why is land dry
- Is ShopClues real
- What started the battle of Fort Sumter
- When do we use the Laplace equation
- Can green beans ever be unhealthy?
- How is ALS treated
- What is the Japanese word for magician
- How can I improve my music score
- Why was the First World War bloody
- What is half of 0 3
- Who is closest to developing a real AI?
- How does the broken ownership of stocks work
- What are the main factors of 34
- Is mechanical engineering good 2
- Why does Trump wear suits
- Can logos be similar
- Are Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson friends