Can an optician request an ophthalmologist
Eye test - driver's license
What are the requirements for the eye test?
Driver license applicants must get their good eyesight from one official eye test center get certified. Such an eye test center must demonstrate certain qualifications and examination equipment. Can be recognized as an eye test center
- Doctors at the health department and
- those with the additional designation of occupational or industrial medicine.
You pass the eye test at the official eye test center with a Daytime visual acuity (visual acuity in daylight) of 0.7 in each eye (i.e. 70 percent vision in each eye). If the visual acuity deviation exceeds 0.8 diopters, the driver's license applicant needs glasses or contact lenses to compensate. If someone has one Visual aid for a perfect view of the road, this is done with a corresponding Note in the driver's license marked.
For the Driving license classes A, B, M, L and T The following minimum requirements for visual acuity apply:
- 0.5 (i.e. 50% vision) on both eyes
- 0.5 (i.e. 50% vision) in one and at least 0.2 (i.e. 20% vision) in the other eye
For example, an applicant for a car driver's license who has only 10 percent visual acuity in one eye and 40 percent visual acuity in the other eye will not be allowed to drive.
If a patient loses an eye, he is not allowed to drive for three months so that he can get used to his restricted field of vision. He may then drive a vehicle again, provided the remaining eye has a visual acuity of at least 50 percent.
Eye test procedure
A driver's license is only given to those who present a certificate from an official eye test center to their driving school. Many opticians, but of course also ophthalmologists, offer such eye exams.
If you want to certify your eyesight, you need your identity card or passport. The optician or doctor then checks visual acuity in a standardized eye test using Landolt rings. The test result is recorded in writing.
Normally, there is a statutory fee of 6.43 euros for the test with certificate - additional reports from ophthalmologists can, however, be more expensive.
Eye test: truck driver's license
For the truck driver's license (class C and D) and for passenger transport (such as taxis), significantly stricter requirements for eyesight apply. In addition, applicants for these driving license classes have to undergo a further ophthalmological examination, which in addition to the eye test ...
- of the field of vision,
- spatial vision,
- eye movement,
- of twilight vision,
- the glare sensitivity and
- of color vision includes.
The ophthalmologist then writes an opinion that the applicant must present to the driver's license office.
- Who are educational psychologists
- Doctors can only see adult patients
- How can I achieve a new goal
- What is non-verbal language
- Could modern politics be explained by behavioralism?
- What is the most daring risk you have taken
- What are webMethods used for
- Can I be allergic to marijuana?
- The people of France celebrate Hanukkah
- It is important to get good grades in 9th place
- Is Shinzo Abe Asian or not
- How do you design a secure network
- Is democracy a passing phase
- What is the application of electrostatics
- Is it healthy to pop pimples
- What are good business networking websites
- What is a service management plan
- How could Trump weaken the First Amendment?
- Is there Panda Express in China
- What are lesser known things about billionaires
- What is the Heapq module in Python
- Why do you like your prime minister
- Are programmers and software developers overrated
- How plausible are alternative biochemicals
- What is Ray Charles famous for?
- How can I sound convincing and logical
- Why does Islam not allow contraception?
- What is meant by ethnobotany
- How can anyone live on camaraderie
- Should I start learning Bharatanatyam again
- How do I increase my weakened eyesight
- High blood pressure causes memory loss
- What was the most heartbreaking celebrity death