What are the advantages of finite differences
Circular economy: definition and benefits
The European Union produces more than 2.5 billion tons of waste annually. EU waste management legislation is now being updated to encourage the transition from a linear to a circular economy. In March 2020, the European Commission presented a circular economy action plan. It contains proposals for more sustainable product design and aims to reduce waste and strengthen consumer protection, for example with the help of a real "right to repair". The action plan is one of the most important building blocks of the European Green Deal and part of the new EU industrial strategy. The focus is on resource-intensive sectors such as electronics and ICT, plastics, textiles and construction.
But what does circular economy actually mean? Why is a paradigm shift necessary and what are the advantages?
What is circular economy?
The circular economy is a model of production and consumption in which existing materials and products are shared, leased, reused, repaired, refurbished and recycled for as long as possible. In this way, the Product life cycle extended.
In practice this means that Waste reduced to a minimum become. After a product has reached the end of its life, the resources and materials remain in the economy as much as possible. So they are used again and again productively in order to continue to add value to generate.
The circular economy is in contrast to traditional, linear economic model ("throwaway economy"). This model relies on large amounts of cheap, easily accessible materials and energy. "Planned obsolescence" is another characteristic. The European Parliament calls for measures to prevent devices from breaking prematurely.
- How can I create instant messaging apps
- Which 3 words do you like best
- Do you feel bad for Michael Cohen
- Is it normal to be suddenly sad?
- A broken heart can last forever
- What are the best chess traps
- What helps Donald Trump to relax
- When did people start living in South America?
- Has anyone tried the 5-bite diet?
- Muslims in India celebrate Nowruz
- How safe is tonic water
- Why are Russians so unfriendly
- What are some unspoken rules in Karnataka
- How can you support autism
- Where did Beethoven grow up?
- What is the full form of AES
- Where can I learn exercises to improve memory
- How much were coin phones in 1970
- Do narcissists ever enjoy exploiting themselves?
- Is the stock exchange Pareto efficient
- Hunger can lead to low blood pressure
- Why is idli symmetrical
- Justine Sacco's Twitter account was really hacked
- Why do you support conservatism