What is platinum silicone
Are silicone baking molds harmful to health?
Are silicone baking molds healthy?
If a kitchen product is practical, that's nice. But the important question remains: is the material safe to use in food processing? The basic ingredients of silicones are harmless, but the other ingredients are not necessarily.
Silicones are made from the chemical element silicon, which is found in sand, clay or ceramics, for example. However, since it is not available in pure form, the silicon must first be separated and only after further processing steps can it be made into silicones.
Various techniques are used to ensure that the silicones for the baking molds get the desired consistency, such as adding peroxides and other substances. Once the silicone baking molds have been formed, "tempering" follows. The end product is freed from volatile organic components as thoroughly as possible so that they cannot migrate into the baked goods.
For this purpose, the silicone baking molds are baked for four hours at 200 degrees - and this is the step that some manufacturers save. Then, however, these substances only escape when baking at home and pass into the food.
Substances of concern in silicone baking molds?
There is a clear limit here, which was stipulated by law: no more than 0.5 percent volatile organic components may be released from the plastics. Many baking molds evaporate the silicone from a temperature of 150 degrees.
Careful all-clear: An investigation by ÖKO-Test showed that almost all silicone baking molds tested were free of problematic ingredients, but in three molds the ingredients went into the dough. But they too still complied with the legal limit values and it was only a question of traces.
The statement from ÖKO-Test: "Most baking pans are clean. Only a few of them dissolve volatile compounds when it gets hot. If you want to be on the safe side, let them outgas the first time." That means, you take over the tempering yourself and put the silicone baking molds in the oven for another four hours.
The cheap versions of silicone baking molds in particular can contain chemical pollutants and migrate into the dough during baking. This can have a negative impact on health. So stay away from cheap goods. If you want to be on the safe side, you can use the conventional sheet metal variant instead.
So silicone baking molds definitely have their disadvantages, but they also have fans because of their practicality: It does not have to be greased, the cakes are easy to take out and the molds are easy to stow away. Which baking pan do you like best?
Kitchen machine tip
Buy silicone baking molds
1. Loaf pan
2. Bundt pan
3. Muffin cups
Buy baking tins made of sheet metal
1. Loaf pan
2. Bundt pan
3. Springform pan
4. Muffin tin
Buy baking molds made of glass and enamel:
1. Loaf pan made of glass
2. Gugelhupfform made of glass
3. Round shape made of enamel
4. Gugelhupfform made of enamel
- What are the different breeds of donkeys
- What philosophy guides your life
- Online interactions lead to misunderstandings and misunderstandings
- What are the Android Opengl Engines
- A mild allergy can become serious
- When do you play card games
- Letters in the keyword python
- Which technology are you rejecting
- Are virtual particles particles or not particles
- How does the industry store spices
- What is your responsibility for Clean India
- Reads a hobby or a habit
- What do therapists have to report
- How quickly and accurately do you read
- How do historians reconstruct the past
- Which tablet are you using
- Who makes you beautiful
- Squeezing the toes stimulates the brain cells
- History of Shotokan's Influence on Taekwondo
- What does Chakkare Moley mean in Tamil
- What are some agile machines
- Who is your favorite UK director?
- What is a blood pressure monitor
- Is my father's behavior alarming