Which light is best for makeup?
The right light when applying make-up
Have you ever had the moment when you asked yourself in the daylight whether you put on make-up at home with your eyes closed? What looked very vivid in the dark little room sometimes looks very different in the wild. One reason for this could be that you used the wrong light when applying makeup. Without wanting to dive too deeply into the matter, we probably still know from physics lessons that light can have different colors.
Ever since light bulbs have gradually been switched to LED or energy-saving lamps, we have had to decide whether we want cold or warm light. One has a more yellowish, the other a bluish touch.
Cold and warm light
What does that mean for your make-up result? Cold or warm light influences the look of your look. A combination of blush and lipstick that looks good in warm, yellow light can quickly look a little eccentric in daylight. That is why I recommend that you use daylight or daylight lamps.
It is also important where the light comes from. Our face has different "heights" that influence the look. Light from above intensifies shadows under the eyes and quickly leads to applying far too much concealer. In the worst case scenario, it looks completely plastered in daylight. The nose can also cast shadows. When the light comes from below, the bags under the eyes appear more - you don't want to either. That is why it is best here to direct the light directly onto the face. There are extra make-up mirrors with integrated lighting for this.
I hope you enjoyed my little light excursion and I was able to solve a little mystery if you have already found yourself in one of the situations mentioned above and had no idea why that was the case.
- Are prenups fair
- Are there other digital publications like Aeon
- Is anthropogenic global warming a falsifiable theory
- Holidays are just money-making systems
- Cytosine is a pyrimidine
- Who can tell my fortune in detail
- What is your rating of the Atlassian product
- Like being a truck driver
- What did poor old Roman men wear?
- Why did the US intervene in Haiti?
- What is special about your city?
- What's the best movie you've seen
- How do you go to work 1
- Is Libra's crypto currency more secure than Bitcoin
- What is a good champagne
- Why do some Nepalis look European
- Which spice is better than butter?
- How Samsung pays Apple
- What if the television weren't regulated?
- Is it the full stop after the sentence
- How good is an MSc in Microbiology
- When is daylight saving time in 2020
- Why is the company value sometimes negative
- Wealth can come from loving one's neighbor