How will traffic lights turn green
Small traffic light - light signals
Traffic lights - red, yellow, green
- Red means "stop": all road users must stop. Pedestrians are no longer allowed to enter the carriageway.
- Yellow (not flashing) is a sign for "Halt" for vehicles approaching the intersection. Road users who are already at the intersection must leave it quickly.
- Flashing yellow means "attention".
- Green: The green light applies to vehicle traffic as a sign of "free travel". For pedestrians, the green light on the traffic light means "Entering and crossing the lane is permitted".
- Flashing green: At the end of the green phase, four green flashes indicate the end of the green phase. Driving or entering the intersection is still permitted.
Pedestrian lights are only red and green. The lane may be entered and crossed when it is green or blinking green.
- If the traffic light is green, pedestrians can cross the lane using the zebra crossing.
- If the road is divided by a protective island, the second section may only be crossed when it is green.
- If the pedestrian light turns red, you have to move on quickly and not turn back.
- For roads with a protective island: Continue to the protective island and wait for the next green phase. Sufficient time is planned between the traffic light phases to enable road users to cross safely.
Pedestrian lights can also be equipped with a yellow hazard warning light. This specifically draws drivers' attention to pedestrians.
Traffic lights for cyclists
- There are separate signals for cyclists on cycle paths. These are mounted at a height that is clearly visible to cyclists.
- There are also signals for cyclists in combination with pedestrian traffic lights.
With this form of the light signal, the use of individual lanes can be permitted or prohibited.
- Red Cross means "lane closed".
- Yellow arrow means "change lanes".
- Green Arrow means "lane may be used".
Areas of application
- On motorways, for example in the event of a traffic jam, accident or maintenance work: the system can be out of order if the flow of traffic is undisturbed.
- In the tunnel area, the signals also serve as a hazard warning. When an emergency call is activated, they are switched to flashing yellow in sections.
- For public transport: During peak traffic periods, tracks can be kept free for public transport in conjunction with peak stopping bans. Outside of these times, the systems are out of operation.
Traffic lights with acoustic and tactile crossing aids
City of Vienna | Vienna shines
- What is NADPH H.
- What is an art college
- How often do you feed a hamster
- Why do Americans love zombie movies
- Why are some top laner beating
- Is Cryptosoft real
- What happens during the SBI PO trial period
- What would you wear with brown slippers?
- What is Spark Databricks
- What's the best burger place in Texas
- Doctors give themselves medical examinations
- How does IPv6 improve security
- Can antipsychotics actually cause psychosis
- What should men know about makeup?
- Are TEDx calls displayed in TED com
- What are some agile machines
- If 52 74x 86 what is x
- Can Ativan be used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Why was the First World War bloody
- How do Europeans play stone paper scissors
- Can an Indian earn 100,000 a year
- How strong is the German Quora community
- What is the course for the IAS exam
- Online trading is one thing