What is the main cause of fibrosis
Forms of pulmonary fibrosis
The Sarcoid (Boeck's disease) is characterized by inflammation and microscopic nodules in the connective tissue, so-called granulomas. The cause of the formation of these granulomas, which then lead to impairment of organ function, has not yet been clarified. In principle, all organs of the body can be affected, and the clinical picture is correspondingly diverse. The lungs are almost always affected.
Sarcoid is most often diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 40, more often in women than men. The disease is very rare in the Mediterranean countries and Africa, but is quite common in Northern Europe.
The German Lung Foundation assumes that 70,000 to 90,000 people in this country know that they suffer from sarcoid. Since the disease can cause a variety of symptoms and is difficult to recognize, the actual number of people affected is likely to be much higher.
There is an acute form, also known as Löfgren's syndrome, and a chronic form. This accounts for more than two thirds of the cases. The chances of recovery depend on the severity of the disease, but are usually good.
To Treatment of sarcoid mostly corticosteroids - the most famous representative of which is cortisone - are used. The disease often heals spontaneously even without therapy. However, it is important to monitor whether the disease is progressing. Stage III, the “highest” stage of sarcoid, is characterized by pulmonary fibrosis with permanent damage to the lungs. With timely therapy, however, this can be prevented in almost all patients today or at least delayed for a long time.
In the chapter “Sarcoidosis” you will find further information on this clinical picture.
- Is Sono Bello worth the cost
- What is a good soil to manure ratio
- What equation is used in real life
- What is a split AC
- What is a prompt string in Python
- Who is Lalit Modi
- Where can I find books by Shakespeare
- How does turmeric compare to cumin
- Has finished voting for Bigg Boss Tamil
- Why did God make the mother
- What exactly is CH3OH
- How do the police track a MAC address
- A TC is called a pass certificate
- Why is Marmite made
- What are some intelligence tests for animals
- How to flirt with a guy
- Is there a Hindu population in Russia
- Why was the iPhone X bad
- How was Winston Churchill's leadership described
- Who is the greatest living European playwright?
- What is the importance of floriculture 2
- Is it impossible to stop tooth decay?
- Why should a new parquet floor crackle?
- How do you rate the eXo platform