What does a double do in C ++
3. C data types
For the processing of information in a program, places (variables) must be reserved in the memory of the computer to accommodate this information. Before these variables can be used, they must first be declared. This happens at the beginning of a function before any executable statements. The declaration describes the properties of variables and consists of a type specification and a list of variables (names) which then have this type. e.g .:int a, b; float x, y; char ch;
Here is a list of all elementary numeric variable types available in C:
|character||char||1||-128 .. 127|
|unsigned character||unsigned char||1||0 .. 255|
|integrity||int||2||-32 768 .. 32 767|
|short integer||short||2||-32 768 .. 32 767|
|long integer||long||4||-2 147 483 648 .. 2 147 483 647|
|unsigned integer||unsigned int||2||0 .. 65 535|
|unsigned short integer||unsigned short||2||0 .. 65 535|
|unsigned long integer||unsigned long||4||0 .. 4 294 967 295|
|single-precision floating-point (7 digits)||float||4||1.17E-38 .. 3.4E38|
|double-precision floating-point (19 digits)||double||8||2.2E-308 .. 1.8E308|
Variable names must obey the following rules:
- The name can consist of letters, numbers and the underscore _. At least the first 31 characters of a name are significant. Variable names are usually written in lower case in C.
- The first character must be a letter. The underscore is considered a letter, but it should not be used in the first place.
- The reserved words of the C programming language cannot be used as variable names.
In addition to the actual variables for which a change in value is permitted, "constant variables" can also be declared in C that no longer allow the value to be changed. The general formula looks like this:
ConstantsIn addition to variables, constant values are often used in the program. A constant value is a fixed expression that cannot be changed. Constants are used to assign values to variables or as parts of expressions. For example, the expression only consists of constants, while in a variable (x) and a constant occur.
Floating point constants
Both the notation and can be used for floating point constants. Valid constants are:
Character constants are enclosed in apostrophes. Characters that cannot be printed or are not available on the keyboard are specified as escape sequences.
Data type conversionsIn contrast to other programming languages, data types in C can be converted into one another. In C, casts are either implicitly or explicitly performed using a special construct. In a mixed expression, a type conversion is carried out implicitly in such a way that an attempt is made to convert to the largest type of the expression. The type order is:
The rules for converting are:
- Is an operator long double, the other will also be in long double transformed.
- Is an operator double, the other will also be in double transformed.
- Is an operator float, the other will also be in float transformed.
- Otherwise it will be char and short in int changed.
- If then one of the operands long is, the other is in long changed.
What operators are there in C?
- What is your sitcom and why
- What are some triceps exercises for beginners
- What is a hedgehog in chess
- How is TISS balm for psychology
- Who was Mahadevi Verma
- Mesothelioma is the same as asbestosis
- Can Hadoop run on Ubuntu
- How scarred Cambodia is after the genocide
- What is your rating of Jobscan co
- Who will win the Walmart Amazon Race
- What makes you flow
- Which truck uses Kirloskar engines in India
- Do you like to see the news
- What is TUK
- Has there ever been a tornado in lava
- Can antipsychotics actually cause psychosis
- Why didn't Mattermark work?
- What are the major controversies surrounding Bollywood films
- How can I loathe myself more
- Why are you using the SaaS software
- What causes neck pain after fainting
- What is Google for jobs
- What are some misunderstandings about the British
- What are the benefits of good posture
- Play radio station songs from YouTube
- What is multi-objective clustering
- Why can't we communicate with our body?
- What are some examples of seamless design
- What is the principle of financial management
- What is an intranet application
- What training is required for marketing
- Why is my friend faking her pregnancy?
- Who gives singers money
- How to become a Kaggle's Top Solver