Why should Republicans support net neutrality
USA: Democrats want a return to net neutrality - first Republican is there
Republican Senator Susan Collins wants to support a bill by her Democratic colleagues to reverse the abolition of net neutrality. Assuming the Democrats unanimously approve the draft of their colleague Ed Markey, they would be missing just one vote from the Republican camp, reports The Hill. Since the by-elections in the US state of Alabama, the Republicans have only 51 seats in the US Senate, so two dissenters are enough for a majority for the Democrats. Collins told the US portal that they did not support the FCC's decision against net neutrality.
In mid-December, the US regulatory authority FCC decided with 3: 2 votes that the rules for establishing net neutrality should be abolished. Supporters and opponents of the decision had each claimed to protect Internet freedom. The Democratic representatives on the panel criticized, among other things, that there had not been a single public hearing. In addition, there were irregularities in the course of the comments from the population. The promise that the decision will open the way to more competition between Internet providers is misleading because half of all US households cannot choose between several providers.
Still a long way to go
Collins let her spokeswoman say that she is in favor of a prudent process on the question of net neutrality in which experts and the public are involved in deliberations. It must be ensured that consumers are protected and the free choice of providers and continuous growth is ensured. Should the Democrats now succeed in convincing another Senator from the ranks of the Republicans of their plan, a law that is then passed would still have to go through the US House of Representatives, explains The Hill. There the Republicans have over 40 votes more than the Democrats. (mho)Read comments (6) Go to homepage
- How do you smooth a wax sculpture
- How does a fan keep you warm?
- Why does conformity feel like death
- How do I overcome an identity
- Who invented the first app
- What are the funny moments of Harry Potter
- What anime ruined your childhood
- Who is your trading mentor
- How do I write better every day
- What is YouTube TV
- Are cosmetics really harmful to your health?
- Who invented the sulfur dioxide gas
- Which brand of lipstick is rare
- Do Germans have middle names
- Can kill students with homework
- There is Lyft in Mexico City
- Can I work during the 11th degree?
- How do accelerator tanning lotions work
- Coconut oil makes your wrinkles worse
- How do 5 HT2A receptors work
- What are ponte pants
- How is a food vacuole created
- Will Congress increase NASA funding?
- How does the repatriation of corporate profits work