The schizoaffective disorder worsens at the start of treatment
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
However different a bipolar disorder may be from patient to patient, it always runs in phases or episodes in which a certain mood prevails (manic or depressive). The individual phases often come and go at irregular intervals. On average, the depressive phases last about four to twelve months without treatment, the manic phases are significantly shorter. Occasionally, manic or depressive episodes merge or even occur at the same time (mixed phase). Between the acute episodes of the illness there are more or less long periods of time, depending on the course, in which the affected person has no symptoms whatsoever. Suicide attempts and suicides almost always occur during or immediately after depressive or mixed phases.
Psychotic symptoms such as delusions indicate an unfavorable course of the bipolar illness: those affected suffer two to three times more relapses than bipolar patients without psychotic symptoms and about two thirds develop psychotic signs again with the next mania. In the case of rapid cycling, the long-term prognosis is often poor, as the unstable mood often persists between the phases. Those affected therefore have severe problems coping with everyday life. Most patients with bipolar disease regain their quality of life with individually tailored therapy.
- Why hasn't the Japanese economy collapsed yet?
- Do you have plants in your house
- Will Kejriwal conquer Punjab in the 2017 elections
- Whose nonsense makes more sense
- Which are India's best financial blogs
- Which movie scene made you ballistic?
- What is an analyst
- Should government-funded health care be rationed
- Look for ecommerce product photography
- What is a good champagne
- What is interrupt in the operating system
- Why is genetic drift not adaptive
- How did Jackie feel about JFK's death
- What is the symbol of charge density
- How does Catch make money
- What spices are in focaccia bread
- What will happen to Dubai after 2050
- Where is the ark
- How much NEFT allowed by the bank
- Why would anyone name their child Angus?
- How much do therapists charge for sessions
- How long do NSA water filters last
- Why should I do interior design
- How can you avoid falls at home?
- What is your weight loss story
- What do applicants for covert weapons licenses value
- What are different academic statistical disciplines
- What system do quick-cook pots work on
- What was the name of Prahlada's mother
- Why didn't Apple buy GitHub
- Was there ever a time before time
- What Are Some Good Investor Management Software
- What do bighorn sheep eat
- Is Capris singular or plural