What is the criticism of absurdism
Lexicon of film terms
The term is used as a literary scientific term absurd to the philosophy of existentialism in France in the 1950s (Sartre, Camus et al.) and refers to the texts of the "theater of the absurd" (theater de l'absurde), at the center of which is the senselessness of human existence per se. Absurd films take a similar stance, are also incompatible with the requirements of logic (e.g. consistency) and / or they describe facts that cannot be understood with the means of reason. At the level of narration, conventions of causality and chronology as well as other principles of order are overridden with the aim of characterizing the irrational state of the world. Examples are films as diverse as The new desk (Karl Valentin, 1914), Horse Feathers (Norman Z. Leonard, 1932), J‘irai comme un Cheval fou (Fernando Arrabal, 1978) or Brazil (Terry Gilliam, 1984).
Contrary to the texts of absurdism, the grotesque tends to have a political and less philosophical claim and, moreover, does not question the meaningfulness of human existence. The anarcho-comedy is also different, the plot of which shows the anarchic, but which as a structure always remains in the realm of the logical and coherent. Ultimately, the slapstick, the sheer foolishness, completely dispenses with philosophical tendencies.
Literature: Esslin, Martin: The theater of the absurd: from Beckett to Pinter. Reinbek: Rowohlt 1991 (Rowohlt's Encyclopedia. 414.). First in 1965; numerous other edition - Haug, Wolfgang Fritz: Criticism of absurdism. 2., revised. Cologne edition: Pahl-Rugenstein 1976. - Kofler, Leo: Abstract art and absurd literature. Aesthetic marginalia. Vienna [...]: Europa-Vlg. 1970.
Article last changed on 07/15/2011
- Why are lemons alkaline
- I'm neurotypical. Is that bad?
- What makes a book worm a book worm
- Why can't I access my Wipro Udemy?
- Can move a little faster than light
- Do games usually have a plan B.
- What are blood cells made of
- Why do massage therapists shorten the sessions
- Can India become a scientific superpower?
- What gives you an instant boner
- Which department is Trinity International University
- What shock tactics do narcissists use
- How did Adolf Hitler come to power?
- Oracle is difficult to learn
- How do people react to you
- Why is reading aloud important to literacy?
- How can watermelons be seedless?
- Where was Sita born
- What's your best college memory
- Life is difficult for musicians
- Is the Green New Deal economically feasible
- What are the principles of social value
- Timothy McVeigh was in a militia
- How was the ICO created by Foobar2000